WCP Gold and XP

I got a new computer a few months ago which runs Windows XP. I just recently tried loading WCP gold ed. and it will not run. It worked just fine on my old computer which had Windows ME. Any suggestions?

Are you running the program in one of XP's compatibility modes? If not, right-click on the Prophecy shortcut and select Properties. From there, go to the Compatibility tab, check the appropriate checkbox, and use the dropdown box below it to select a mode. Then try running the game again.

I managed to get almost all Wc games (exception of Privateer1/RF and Armada....). I just made a partition with 2 Os windows98 and windowsXp.

Even with the compatibility option in XP lots of games dont work in them.SO I also have win98 and Dos in the other partition (FAT32 format) and everything work there

Originally posted by I'm thinkin...
that worked but the FMV are skipping

If you have DirectX installed, run DxDiag (Start, Run..., DxDiag), go to the Sound tab, and adjust the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level. Try it at a few different levels and see if that helps.

This might help you a little, TigersClaw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the skipping videos is cuz of a sound driver issue. Because I have the same problem in win2k. And i noticed if i lower the direct sound acceleration, i get less skipping. But if i turn it off completely, the game just freezes. :/

Yes, thats also a known problem :(

Even in my Win98 partition and Sound Accel. Off I got some skipping.Not much but it gets annoying!

Thanx Wiesel, I already got that document of yours.But I run Privateer/Armada in DOS

Back