WCP Edit - Proper Usage

Jason_Ryock

Vice Admiral
Thanks for this answer, I agree that this is not the relevant section for this kind of question. I'm really struggling to work out how to 'point' wcpedit to the Standoff ships, even after I've unpacked all of the standoff TRE files, the ships seem to be all .IFF files rather than .WCS :eek:

You need to make sure that WCPEdit is dumped into the WCSO installation directory. Install it there, and on first run, it should detect and load the IFF files for the WCSO ships automatically.

OK brilliant answer, and thanks for your attention to it - but it's still not finding the Standoff ships. I wish I could offer something to contribute to Standoff, instead of just asking for everything on a plate like this, instead I will offer any of you a British beer if you can help me with my editing woes :D

- Installed Secret Ops standalone Zip

- Installed Standoff 1-4 all-in-one package

- Used TREman to extract ALL TRE files in the Secret Ops/WCSO directory.

- Unzipped WCPedit as described, to the WCSO directory (C:\program files\Origin systems\Secret Ops) Of course I unpacked SHIPS and GAME zips in corresponding folders.

- Executed Install.bat, gained notification that Install was sucessful.

- Fired up WCPedit, and... only Prophecy ships to be seen :(

I hope I've missed something.

OK brilliant answer, and thanks for your attention to it - but it's still not finding the Standoff ships. I wish I could offer something to contribute to Standoff, instead of just asking for everything on a plate like this, instead I will offer any of you a British beer if you can help me with my editing woes :D

- Installed Secret Ops standalone Zip

- Installed Standoff 1-4 all-in-one package

- Used TREman to extract ALL TRE files in the Secret Ops/WCSO directory.

- Unzipped WCPedit as described, to the WCSO directory (C:\program files\Origin systems\Secret Ops) Of course I unpacked SHIPS and GAME zips in corresponding folders.

- Executed Install.bat, gained notification that Install was sucessful.

- Fired up WCPedit, and... only Prophecy ships to be seen :(

I hope I've missed something.

You installed Standoff in there somewhere, right?

Back