WCP and SBLive new WDM drivers

Johnl12

Repairman
CL finally has new WDM drivers which fix several problems with LiveWire 3 and DirectX. I just tried these drivers and WCP movie doesn't skip anymore. The movie plays perfectly. Below are instructions I wrote.

For SBLive cards:
When the movie plays and it seems to be playing too fast and skipping, try disabling "Sound Hardware Acceleration".
Control Panel>Multimedia>Advance button>Properties
Also do a find file for "DXDiag" and disable it here too. Remember to re-enable it for other games.

If your OS is Win9x/ME then get the Sound Blaster (Live! series) "sblw9xup.exe" drivers update Revision: SBLW-9XDRV-1-US (Revision 1) Date: 5/5/00 Size: 5.69 MB
If your OS is Win2000 then get the Sound Blaster Live! Drivers Update "lw3drv.exe" Revision: SBLW-2KDRV-W1-US Date: 7/11/00 Size: 4.12 MB

Sound Blaster Live Value to Platinum with LiveWire 3 and Win9x/ME, NT/2000/XP download the new WDM drivers http://www.fdrsoft.fr.fm. This is an advance copy of the official WDM drivers.
To install go to Device Manager and choose Creative SBLive and "Update Driver". The path is C:\ fdrsoft. Make sure to choose the correct update INF file for you OS. (UPDDRV2K.INF or UPDDRV98.INF)

Sound Blaster Live 5.1 WDM for 2000 driver can be gotten http://www.fdrsoft.fr.fm and at Creative Labs Asia. The USA and Europe sites should have them posted early next week.

Man, this is great. Too be able to play this game again without the movie skipping. :D I just flown my first mission and watch the next movie scene. No problems! :D

I have WinME and I don't have and Advanced Button anywhere on my Sound and Multimedia menu.

That's funny. Disable Sound Hardware Acceleration in DxDiag. That should work.

Note: I am having problems with this new WDM. My CL launcher won't launch correctly and I can't open SBLive speaker, mixer and SB16 emulation would load in windows. No one else at CL's newgroups is reporting any problems.

lehah in the volume control box, go to file and choose advanced controls then the advanced buttons appear

Madman, I know that. :) I am refering to John's talk of disableing disabling "Sound Hardware Acceleration".

CL has now release the new LW update for w2000.
http://www.creative.com/support/files/download.asp?reg=0&OS=Win2k&prod=sblive&select=Get+Files
Date: 21 September 2001
sbl51_2kdrv.exe 3,729,780 bytes

This is a standalone driver update for Sound Blaster Live! , for users running on English-language installations of Windows 2000 ONLY.
This update:
1.Enables Dolby Digital (AC-3) streams from Sound Blaster Live! operating under Windows 2000.
2.Includes WHQL Certified drivers
3.Tested on the following models: Sound Blaster Models: CT4760, CT4790, CT4830, CT4832, CT4870 CT4872, SB0060, SB0100 and SB0102).

Note: The Driver Will Not Work on the following models: CT4620, CT4670 and CT478x Series.

This requires:
1.Supported Softdvd Players
2.Windows 2000 Service Pack 2.
(Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 can be obtained from www.microsoft.com)

Back