WCIV DVD and Dxr3 card

Johnl12

Repairman
My goal is to get rid of the Dxr3 card and free a PCI slot. Does anyone know if there's a Graphic card or software which would let me play WCIV DVD?

You could try the ATI brand cards. I know the ATI Xpert 2000 and the All-In-Wonders and Radeons have DVD decoding. I don't know if it will support WCIV, it was designed for the PC-DVD Encore DXR2. Does it work completely on your system? If so, what do you use?

I replace the Dxr2 with the Dxr3. It works fine. It just that I would really like to get rid of this card. I only got this DVD player for WCIV DVD.

I do want to keep play this game as stated in my first post. (Wedge009, how could you read this otherwise.) I just don't want to keep the Dxr card. It's a waste of space.

If there a single card which can provide both graphic and dvd decoding I would prefer to use it. I have been read about how passing the video signal through multiple cards can cause the signal to degrade. I've also just bought two diamond voodoo 2 cards which I plan on installing. So now I can have both gilde and opengl.

I only have two DVD games and I don't watch dvds on my PC. I am checking to see if a ATI card will help. I sent a email to ATI support asking them if one of their cards will work my CL encore dvd drive and this game.

Back