WCIV demos & trailers

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
What is the difference between the WCIV TV trailer and the WCIV new trailer in the files section? If one is the same as the one on the Privateer CD it will save me a long and painful download.

Also regarding the Demo for the above mentioned game, What is the extent of it? I once played the demo on the PC Gamer CD ( which consisted of a Trailer film - which in my opinion is better than the other trailers I've seen - and one mission in which you had to blow up as many ships as possible within the given time.) Is the PC demo downloadable here the same?? Is the Trailer therein available in a different format outside the demo??

On a funny note, I once made a sound clip (using rather crude method but that had a decent quality) from WCIV for use in windows. After setting it as the default windows beep, My mother would become very irritated after making a mistake on the computer and Christopher Blair would pipe in and say sarcastically "That's the move of a true master".

AD.

I have recently extracted all of the wc4 movies from the game and the demo. So if you want I can upload the demo movie somewhere......... maybe here.... You'll need xanmovie to play them though. It is in avi format though. they all are. There is a xanmovie codec out that you can use to play the movies in the windows media player. you can download from the cic in the news section. if you can't find it I can send it to you too. There is no sound if you use the codec though. It is best to have xanmovie.

The TV trailer was one which was shown on TV years ago... the 'new' trailer is the one which is on the Privateer CD. The two demos are identical, save that the 'net' version lacks the movie and has a different startup screen...

Originally posted by AD
On a funny note, I once made a sound clip (using rather crude method but that had a decent quality) from WCIV for use in windows. After setting it as the default windows beep, My mother would become very irritated after making a mistake on the computer and Christopher Blair would pipe in and say sarcastically "That's the move of a true master".

LOL AD!!!!! :D

Good job! Driving your mum nuts with WC stuff!! That's really great...

You're giving me ideas for myself... :)

Originally posted by Zor Prime
There is no sound if you use the codec though. It is best to have xanmovie.
This is not necessarily so. I DL'ed the codec from CIC last week, and ran the sample that was part of the same news story. Despite the warnings that the sound would either not work or be illegible garbage, it sounded fine for me.

There must be some other factor involved....

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
There is no sound if you use the codec though. It is best to have xanmovie.
This is not necessarily so. I DL'ed the codec from CIC last week, and ran the sample that was part of the same news story. Despite the warnings that the sound would either not work or be illegible garbage, it sounded fine for me.

There must be some other factor involved....

I have not used the codec yet, so I am just going off what I have been told. Personnaly, I just use xanmovie so I can watch them in full screen. It's much better that way.

Sound works fine with the sample, but try the a different scene like the deleted scene in the file section and there will be no sound.

Well the XanCodec was on the 15th March news, which was only just archived today. I have to wait until the weekend before I can try it now. But is it hard to set up? I assume you still have to rip the movies from the TRE, so does that take up a lot of space?

You bet it does! The opening movie is broken up into 3 parts. The opening, destruction of the spacestation, and arrival at the confed hq. The first part is 100 somthin mb, the 2nd part is ony 8 i think, and the last, is 76 or somewhere in that area. I don't have them w/ me since I am out of town, but I do know, that if you extract all of the movies, it takes up 2.3 GB of space. So, if you do it, do what i did. Burn em all onto cd's! :)

I am going to put together a package that will let you extract the movies and view them. I am trying to see if the CIC will post it in their files section. Then, everybody can do it!

I am going to put together a package that will let you extract the movies and view them. I am trying to see if the CIC will post it in their files section. Then, everybody can do it!
Cool, cuz I cannot fo the life of me get Ripper to work.

Originally posted by OriginalPhoenix
Cool, cuz I cannot fo the life of me get Ripper to work.

Ripper is a very tricky prog to get to work the way you want it. I spent 3 month's trying to get it work right.

It took me all of five minutes to get Ripper to work.:)

Of course, you'd expect that from a highly educated individual such as myself...

i didn't say "to work" I said: "to get it to work the way you want it too." I had it working right after downloading it. but I couldn't get it too extract a specific file from another file. That took awhile to get too work.

It can only be run in dos/95. can't run in any other system.
Hmmm...not DOS/Win98? Guess I'm outta luck then, since I haven't had a Win95 system for better than two years...dual boot with Win98 and Win2000 now.

Back