WC4 Hovertank

Now I hope you tank rendering folks don't forget that there's a Kilrathi tank in Wing Commander III... :)

Now I hope you tank rendering folks don't forget that there's a Kilrathi tank in Wing Commander III... :)

haha dont worry, I didnt forget, I even dug up my copy of WC3 to see them in action, on the Delius missions now. The Kilrathi tank will be modelled after I'm done the Confed and BW tanks from WC4.

wcs, thats the idea I'm working on haha, been looking at modding MW2 for it and from what I've read and the tools I've found it should be possible, plus with how new the game is I can add a lot of detail to the models. I'll also model the various guns and rifles found in WC, I remember there being a thread about it a little while ago which I've found and those will be modelled after I'm done with the tanks. Cant wait to try to take out a Confed tank with an RPG :D.

As for the 'pods', would it be reasonable that one would be a shield generator and one would be something else like an anti-infantry gun?

Yayyy!

I bet we can come up with some other neat ground hardware:

* There's some kitty artillery in the Freya rendered ground missions in the console WC3s.

* There's a Wing Commander Academy episode with Kilrathi 'drill tanks'.

* Here's something we don't see, but it has a great description. Confed weapon from End Run: "The heavy weapons landers touched down, disgorging their massive 'walkers' which could traverse any terrain and carried as much armaments as a light corvette."

Yayyy!

* Here's something we don't see, but it has a great description. Confed weapon from End Run: "The heavy weapons landers touched down, disgorging their massive 'walkers' which could traverse any terrain and carried as much armaments as a light corvette."

ER did a nice job of providing a lot of info on Marine weapons during the Vukar Tag assault. I'd love to see what our local artists come up with for this!

wcafun01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, wish I had kept my WC novels when I moved, isnt there a copy of End Run online? I remember there being a WC novel in pdf but cant remember which one. I should probably check around the used book stores here and see what I can find, probably find one or more of the novels.

Are the videos for the cat artillery posted somewhere? I dont have any of the console versions, just the PC.

That drill tank looks strange, but I guess thats just Kilrathi designs. I'll have to find the episode with that tank in it, I got all the episodes downloaded so just a matter of searching.

Gotta say, I like all the attention this is getting, definitely giving me the motivation to continue and get the models done. Getting close to posting pics of the BW tank, theres a couple parts that I don't really like right now (the sides and very top part mostly) but I'll iron them out and should have pics of it by the end of the weekend.

hey all,

so I figure its long enough after the CIC birthday to give a bit of bad news on this model... my video card decided that it had had enough of this world and fried itself. Unfortunately I cannot buy another one for at least another month which means all progress on this is halted until that time. I am sorry but once I have a new video card I will get back to work on this and get it all finished :).

Back