WC3 Ground Missions Query

Queeg

Rear Admiral
Something I've noticed is that when Vagabond punches Dr Severin we see him landing in a Hellcat V. However, you can only use exalaburs for ground missions. Any theorys or facts on this?

I think it's mentioned within the game (WC3) and/or associated literature that the Hellcat is capable of handling atmospheric missions and flight as seen in the WC3 intro (Concordia wreckage flyby) and WC Academy TV series, as well as in WC4.

The Excalibur is noted in the Victory Streak interview with Flash as being capable of performing well in atmospheric conditions (I don't have the passage to hand, but something along the lines of being tested in the sands of a desert planet or similar) and as a superior fighter that was available to Blair at the time, it would follow that he gain experience with the Excalibur rather the Hellcat in such scenarios, especially in preparation for a possible trench run on Kilrah.

Cheers,

Bryn

Ah I see, thanks I just always wondered why he used the excalibur for every ground mission, it makes sense to me now.

Back