WC1 secret missions 2 question

Cardinal50

Spaceman
Just joined the website. I grow up playing wing commander 1-5. I liked the game so much, and still have all the WC disks and books from WC2 -5. Not being the most technical savy person, could never figure out how to get the games to work on the more modern computer systems so could never replay them. I was so happy when I ran across the website, and saw where GOG had released WC 1-3 with the secret missions and special operations and immediately went and bought and downloaded from GOG.

I was able to successfully play and complete WC1 and secret missions 1 (with help from tips on website game guides) however after completing secret missions 1 and could never figure out how to get to secret missions 2.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to be able to play secret missions 2 on the GOG DOS Box version? (posted same question on GOG about a week ago and have gotten no responses)

Sorry for being so long winded but just having so much fun replaying this games. Have started WC2 while waiting for answer.

Secret Missions 2 is not like SM1, it has its own exectuable. it should be listed under start -> All programs -> GOG -> Wingcommander -> Sercret Missions 2 - Crusade

Trying to get this to work on the gog version with no luck as well. Are both secret missions 1 and 2 now just integrated into the main game? In other words from the campaign select screenin WC1 does "secret missions" represent both 1 and 2?

cancel that. i figured out a ghetto fix for this.
In case anyone else runs into this problem you just drag the SM2 file to the Dosbox.exe and that's all there is to it. : )

Last edited:
Doesn't it come with a DOS menu selection when you boot up the game? Assuming your are using the GOG version, which you guys are.

Check "dosboxWC_single.conf" (found in the root directory of the WC installation), it should have something similar to the below. Though I made a minor change by adding the SM1.5 option.
Code:
[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

@ECHO OFF
mount C ".."
c:
cls

ECHO [1;33m[42mÉÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ»
ECHO º ------------------------------------------- º
ECHO º Wing Commander                              º
ECHO º  1) Wing Commander with Secret Missions     º
ECHO º  2) The Secret Missions 1.5                 º
ECHO º  3) The Secret Missions 2 - Crusade         º
ECHO º  4) exit program                            º
ECHO ÈÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍͼ[0m

choice /c1234 /s Which game do you want to run? [1-3]: /n
if errorlevel 4 goto exit
if errorlevel 3 goto sm2
if errorlevel 2 goto sm15
if errorlevel 1 goto sm

:sm
cls
loadfix -1 wc
exit

:sm15
cls
loadfix -1 cm15
exit

:sm2
cls
loadfix -1 sm2
exit

:exit
exit

Its all good. I was just looking for an easy fix since windows 10 is really testy and i found it. Thanks for the reply though my friend. Always appreciate the options.

Its all good. I was just looking for an easy fix since windows 10 is really testy and i found it. Thanks for the reply though my friend. Always appreciate the options.

It's no problem. It's strange how you don't have this option by default. Unless it was downloaded prior to the menu being added, when ever that was.

I did download this years ago. So thats probably why. Either way all is good again. Much more simple fix than the old days with the floppy boot discs to play these games lol.

I miss the floppy disc era, just because I had an external disc drive so I didn't have to swap discs as often. Then the original discs got corrupted, before I understood the importance of making backups, forcing me to fight stealth Dralthi before they became canon.

EDIT: And the simple fact that I didn't have to wait for a 4Mb/s connection to download and game to play. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I miss the floppy disc era, just because I had an external disc drive so I didn't have to swap discs as often. Then the original discs got corrupted, before I understood the importance of making backups, forcing me to fight stealth Dralthi before they became canon.

EDIT: And the simple fact that I didn't have to wait for a 4Mb/s connection to download and game to play. :rolleyes:

lol, are you downloading star citizen right now too?

When it comes to GOG, if something breaks, a re-install fixs about 90% of most issues and it won't overwrite your saves. I recently had my uninstaller for Armada break for some odd reason. Reinstallation repaired the broken un-installation. It shall return on my new rig.

Eagerly awaiting shipping on a 4 pin PWN extension, an extra case fan, and a custom dust filter for the side-fan. Then I shall return to Star Citizen with a more powerful beast of a PC in my arsenal.

Free shipping sounds so good on paper or pixels. The wait is driving me batty. :confused:

Last edited:
Good thing to know about the saves not being overwritten. Thanks! I still haven't tried to get in to SC 2.0 yet today. Last night i did but all universe servers were full. Looking forward to trying it out for real.

Back