WC1 question

Assassin

Spaceman
Forgive me for being stupid and a newbie to WC, but I have a question. How do you land after a mission in WC1? I got the PC Gamer Disc with it, 2nd most recent disc, and so I didn't get any documentation with it. I was told by a supposed WC vet that I just fly into the hanger at "moderate" speed, after requesting permission for landing. This doesn't work, because I just crash into the Tiger's Claw.

Is the white part in the back the hanger? How do you land if your communications are damaged and you can't request landing?

Hope somebody can help me.

We were all newbies at one point. You have to communicate with the Tiger's Claw and ask for permission to land. Make sure that they give permission, then you can land. The landing bay is the flat side of the carrier. Keep your speed around 100 to be safe.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited October 20, 2000).]

heh heh... that's the engines. The hangar is the flat part in the front of the ship. Request landing, then get directly in front of the Claw (or one frame off on either side) and fly towards your carrier. DO NOT AFTERBURN. at about 1600 meters you should land automatically.

You could always eject...

------------------

Just don't expect a medal if you choose that way out (wait a second, the first time you do it, do expect one, but not after that
biggrin.gif
).

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes... Just imagine my shock when I was a pathetic, puking newbie plebe. I ejected and expected to get yelled at. Instead, they gave me a medal. After about my fifth ride in the crazy chair I realized that I wasn't going to get any more. Memories...

------------------

Wow! I remember my first WC1 experience, and I did the *same* thing! Ah, the memories... I saw someone ask his over at the Support board for the PC Gamer CD too.

Nice screenshot.

Maybe we should add a new like on the right side of the CIC, "WC 1 Landing Tutorial".

Death's Head said:
If you're not right in front of the claw you may crash. You should see the Claw look like this:
land.JPG

Or you could try a fly-by just above the Claw's bow at about 50 kps.

Back