Wc unknown enemy

ok theres been a few things bothering me as of late on WCUE
1.why would the bws dauntless have piranhas those are confederate ships
and 2 if it is about to be scrapped because of technological insullince or something like that WHY IN THE HELL WOULD IT HAVE AN ICIS!!!!I MEAN THOSE ARE TOP OF THE LINE!!!!
i mean dont get me wrong it looks really cool(and its way better than i could ever do)but i just had to get that off my chest
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You comp may be slow but com is hell lot of worst than the one your having.I have slow connection than your for sure even after I haave 56k modem.I don't like my country for the disgrace given to me and guess what my connection connects at 44,000 bps and that my DOWNLOAD SPEED is only 4k. WAHHHH!!!!think about me now how I suffer
frown.gif
frown.gif

I can only wish for miracle to go U.S.A for connection that you cant imagine.You guys are so lucky being in states I must say
smile.gif

I've had worse, Rider. I originally downloaded Secret Ops and the WCP Demo on a connection so bad that it frequently went down to 8 bytes per second.

UltimaWingman:
1. They don't. It's a leftover from the previous plot version
smile.gif
. Pedro simply hasn't had time to change all of the site, so you will find that most of the sections still talk about the old version of UE, which got scrapped.

2. Two reasons for this one:
A) We have no choice
smile.gif
. How else could we do briefings in what is essentially an addon to Secret Ops?
B) There's actually no reason why it wouldn't have an ICIS system of some sort. Granted, it wouldn't have the full-blown "a screen for each seat in the house" system, but a few screens wouldn't be a problem. These don't actually have to be a part of the ship, you know - they just have to be plugged into a power supply and data feed. Thus, when the BWS Dauntless is scrapped, they can simply be unplugged, and moved to a different carrier.
Also, note that the ICIS isn't some top secret, high tech weapon. Confed doesn't mind selling the design to BW. And also note that the ICIS isn't actually that new. It's at least a year old, since that's probably (at least) how long it took to build the Midway - and we can safely assume that the ICIS was designed before the Midway was built, since it's a part of the ship.

The new version of WCUE is going to be done withour any voices so the download should me shorter. And if we don´t use ICIS... what else can we use?

------------------
"Hasta la victoria siempre."
-El Che

uhh..frosty is compt. in heaven or in hell pray it to go to heaven ok forget crap!
Then I guess you may have taken atleast 3 to 4days to download the game I see.
I keep praying Christ not to let go down the speed of my connection
smile.gif

No, no, no. I really am not Frosty. I'm Quarto.
smile.gif

Asterix: Well, I guess we could do briefings from outside
smile.gif
. You know, have the camera spinning around the carrier or something while text appears on the screen
smile.gif

...I think we prefer the ICIS
biggrin.gif

Aren't two smileys enough to show that I was joking?
smile.gif

Look the voices are out, you'd be suprised after being brought up on proffesional actors how unsatisfying a fans voice can be.
Besides this way missions can be created more quickly and everyone can download it qucikly. The original WC never had voice overs and as much as they would have been nice its proof that you can have a great game without them.
It was a lot of hassle putting them into the missions, organising them, it was especially hard saying, "I'm sorry but I couldn't stop laughing at that awful attempt" (I tried them and I laughed harder at myself than ever before).
Simply put UE has been reduced so that it is
an attaianable goal.

Twister said:
no no no! WCUE should have full voice!

Sure, as soon as you pay for everyone's connection time and/or a faster modem.

Sometimes you can't get what you want. It may stink, but that's life.

Deal.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

no no no! WCUE should have full voice!

Ummm..No! The Full Voice was one of the major reasons the original UE got scrapped. I don't mind a 200Mb download, but others connections are bad, and plus, where do we get that kind of server space? I;d rather have UE without the voice then no UE at all. I'm glad the project is being picked up again, we need a fan-made mod to keep interest in WC up.

[This message has been edited by Jumper (edited July 17, 2000).]

Umm, yeah, but the main reason there aren't any voices is because everyone yelled like "Ill do voisess LOL!!!!" and no one bothered.
smile.gif

And just about all of the voices in the UE preview mission thing sucked too...

Hey! That´s my father you are talking about!!! He was the "Champion" voice and a very good one
mad.gif

I'am sorry frosty for mistaking your name frosty I mean Quarto
smile.gif

Hey! I did my voice-overs! But then Asterix there told me they sucked and kicked me out
frown.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Yes... but that was very bad. The english and the quality of the sound. Sorry
wink.gif

Back