WC TC for XWA

Wolfman

Rear Admiral
Ah guys whats happening with the WC TC for XWA?

I'm really keen to find as many OPTs as possible but the going is tough.

Does the TC have a new website, is it cancelled?

If not where can I get the OPTs for it?

Eder took part in the XWA mod at one point, but I believe it was mostly Dreddnott's project.

I started working on the XWA WCTC as soon as it started, about 3 or 4 years, ago, I think. Back then it was mostly just me and Nob working on it. Then other people joined, and I left, because it was all of a sudden becoming too damn ambitious.
That was over 2 years ago, which is about as long as I've been working on Standoff, although it only got out of the concept stage and into the development stage about fifteen months ago.
Standoff hasn't got anything to do with the XWA WCTC (even though my initial concept borrowed a bit from it), and I haven't, either, for over two years.
I've heard about the project being abandoned and all their OPTs being released as a shipset-style thing, but never bothered to reinstall XWA and check it out myself... I think there's still a few of my really old models in there though.

--Eder

Cool, thanks for your help guys!

Pitty it died off, cool idea, by the way thanks for working on it Eder.

It died? I didn't know that. Such a pity, it was one of the better looking fan projects too - at least, until Standoff appeared. ;) I wanted to get another look at those 'forbidden' screenshots too...

Originally posted by Wedge009
It died? I didn't know that. Such a pity, it was one of the better looking fan projects too - at least, until Standoff appeared. ;) I wanted to get another look at those 'forbidden' screenshots too...
How could you not know that it died, when you even posted in their dying thread? :p

Originally posted by Darkmage
the mod had MOST of the wc ships. it needed a few from wc2. other than that it was pretty good.

I never understood why they didn't include the Sabre in their release. I'm pretty positive I had modelled one for them, along with a few other models that never showed up. :confused:

By the time I left the project, it had almost all the WC1/2 ships already. Then people began to think about including all WC3 and WC4 and WCWhatever ships in it.

--Eder

Wait, you did a Sabre? Crap!

I lost and/or deleted basically everything related to modding X-wing Alliance, and, in fact, I lost wctc.zip from my hard drive: all I have is my X-wing Alliance folder...and xwlegacy.net seems to be down!

I was going to continue at least a little work on the TC and see if certain things in the .zip were like they are in my hard drive copy...anybody still got it?

Yep, I've got it... you're lucky, I just downloaded it a few weeks ago. It is 20mb, though, so how do you want me to deliver it to you?

Well, it looks like I won't have to get it the tricky way - xwlegacy.net is back up!

Apparently it was just coincidental with me trying to jumpstart the conversion again, so I'm downloading it right now (stupid dialup).

There have been a lot of tools released in the last 18 months that will help me immensely in getting certain ships into the game.

Thanks anyways!

No problem... I wasn't looking forward to trying to get such a large file across anyway ;). Good luck restarting the mod...

Back