WC Remakes

Delance

Victory, you say?
Is there an effort somewhere into remaking WC games on an updated engine (read: Vision patched to hi-res)?

Originally posted by HCl
I managed to create a High-res patch for Secret Ops with some tweaking: http://www.wcrevival.de/hcl/2001

There are other high-res patches under construction, although this is the only one that's finished as of yet.

Mario

Nice work! That's a good start. Too bad there's no point in converting the old sprite-based ones to hi-hes without the original sprides.

BTW, is this the patch used on WCEU?

Thanks, glad you like the patch :) WCUE does use this high-res patch, you can choose resolutions on the UE launcher, along with a few other parameters, regarding fighter / capship rendering distances (which on my distribution are enabled by default, since WCSO isn't *nearly* as demanding as UE).

Too bad there's no point in converting the old sprite-based ones to hi-hes without the original sprides.

Well, i'm actually working on high-res patches for WC1 and WC2 (KS). Indeed, it'd be very useful if Origin would release the original art... Still, i'm experimenting with the idea of using some anti-aliasing process to make the sprites less "blocky".

Originally posted by HCl
Thanks, glad you like the patch :) WCUE does use this high-res patch, you can choose resolutions on the UE launcher, along with a few other parameters, regarding fighter / capship rendering distances (which on my distribution are enabled by default, since WCSO isn't *nearly* as demanding as UE).

Very cool. Nice to teach an old dog some new tricks, eh? You know what they say about stuff like Vision Engine: Panela velha é que faz comida boa. :)

Well, i'm actually working on high-res patches for WC1 and WC2 (KS). Indeed, it'd be very useful if Origin would release the original art... Still, i'm experimenting with the idea of using some anti-aliasing process to make the sprites less "blocky".

Wow, sounds awesome. Perhaps someone could remake the art itself. The ships were, it appears, pics rendered versions on the specific angles.

But maybe the only way to go would be to use the vision engine and put all ships in it. But the games would lose its originality... The mechanics are too different.

BTW: Have you found a way to fix the music bug on KS? It keeps repeating the same tune if the last cat killed on a nav point is trying to escape.

KS, has lots of problems with Music/Sound effects,cutscenes (Wc2), I dont think its easy to fix......

Yeah, the Vision engine has a few years on it's back, but it's still quite capable today :) (and some would argue, even better than more recent engines)

I noticed that music bug happening sometimes as well, both on WC1 and WC2... At the moment i don't know of any way to fix it tho :/

Back