WC on Paper

The_Gneech

Spaceman
I'm looking to put together a Wing Commander-based tabletop RPG and ship combat game, and since this is just a fan project and not for publications, I'm looking for suggestions for good rule systems to plunder shamelessly for my own use. Currently the prime candidate is _Star Warriors_, an ancient boxed set put out by West End Games way back when they first got the rights to publish their _Star Wars Roleplaying Game_. Does anyone else know a good system?

-The Gneech

Um, I think there are already a couple of WC RPGs floating about. RPG fans might know where they are...

I have seen a few, but they were a bit simplistic, or were GURPS, neither of which are really what I'm looking for. I don't want abstracted combat, I want maps and counters.

Anyone here familiar with "Silent Death?" Would it make a good WC conversion?

-The Gneech

The WEG SW RPG 6-Die system is a thing of beauty. Ultra simplistic and very, very detailed if you need it to be. I can give you any info you need on the WEG-D6 system.

I saw that one, actually, but I couldn't get into it; something about the mechanics didn't really gel for me. I'll give it another look, tho.

-The Gneech

Back