WC Movie Finally at MovieMistakes.com

"Plot hole: The reason for sacrificing Rosie (not sending a rescue party out for her), following her crash, is given by Hunter, when he says "We are running on fumes", suggesting that they urgently need to land, and the Rapiers are seen flying back and forth in the equivalent of a holding pattern, but since it was established earlier in the film that the Rapiers can totally shut down and power down their engines, they could have powered down, conserving fuel, and given the rescuers time to save Rosie. It's not like they need their engines to maintain lift, as do conventional aircraft, they are in space"

In a hedonism bot from futurama voice... " Let the games begin"

not too big on the power distribution systems in WC universe,

a rapier would still need "energy" to monitor and maintain it's cabin pressure,
navigational controls and rudders(there is always minor gravity, one needs to
hold position so one needs control thrusts). and also the com and shields should
stay online.

one could name a thousand technical challenges that would consume power to hold the rapier functioning, with coms and lifesupport on and not drifting helplessly.

easier to say that hunter and his 'mates' were about to run out of oxygen.

Conrad said:
"Plot hole: The reason for sacrificing Rosie (not sending a rescue party out for her), following her crash, is given by Hunter, when he says "We are running on fumes", suggesting that they urgently need to land, and the Rapiers are seen flying back and forth in the equivalent of a holding pattern, but since it was established earlier in the film that the Rapiers can totally shut down and power down their engines, they could have powered down, conserving fuel, and given the rescuers time to save Rosie. It's not like they need their engines to maintain lift, as do conventional aircraft, they are in space"

In a hedonism bot from futurama voice... " Let the games begin"

It's a bit of a tricky one but easy to answer. The Kilrathi still had forces in the area. They had to hurry and land so the carrier could get moving. I guess 'We're running on fumes' was a quick way to tell them to hurry up or else they'd have trouble landing. They might overshoot or something (for example).

Eh, there's plenty of errors in the movie. "AIRPLANES CAN'T RUN OUT OF FUEL!" isn't one of them.

And the other one is stupid too. We clearly see in the movie that the entire flight deck has artificial gravity, not just the portions that have pressurized atmosphere. Won't be long now before the "THERE'S NO SOUND IN SPACE!" one appears there.

The issue would have been could they have rescued Rosie with the chances of her being alive in a timely manner. the chances of her being alive after a burn like that wasnt very good and time was of the essence

Karthik@KANE said:
Enough with the errors, give me the director's cut!
You missed it while it was in the cinema? No problem, it's also on the DVD.

(point being, the release version is the director's cut - since it was the director that cut out all that traitor stuff after finding that the test audiences didn't get what was going on)

Quarto is correct.

(Though in all fairness, 99% of movies that get altered 'directors cuts' released to DVD are also "directors cuts" in their original form. It's fairly rare for a studio to make changes to a film without the director's permission.)

I don't see the term being used as much either.. It seems to be mostly "special edition" and stuff like that now.

You see director's cut as a title on movies that are to graphic to show otherwise (i.e. Showgirls, Scarface etc.). No one has a director's cut Spy Kids movie or what not...:)

The main thing I don't get in the movie is why the Kilrathi needed Pegasus Station's NAVCON AI if they had a Pilgrim ally that could simply lead their way to Earth...

Maybe they wanted a more permanent source of jump coordinates to Earth. After all, for all they knew, he could have been betraying them too. Plus the Pegasus NAVCOM probably held coordinates for many other key Terran systems that the Kilrathi didnt have access to.

In the novel adaptation of the movie, which was actually the original script, Admiral Wilson on the Pegasus had actually arranged for the Kilrathi to take Pegasus and help them to Earth because he was a pilgrim and wanted revenge on Confed. When Blair and the marines took the Com/Com, Wilson was there and he fought Blair. Blair stabbed him with his Pilgrim cross and left it in the body. Hence why when asked to make the jump to Earth, he said, "I don't think I can, I don't have the faith." Faith meaning his cross. :D

Back