WC Mod for ST: Bridge Commander upcoming!

If you people dont have anything positive to say I would be very happy if you didnt post here.
Check it out, I'm doing it anyway:

I feel the need to tell you I don't have anything positive to say. Sorry to make you sad.

Hey, I don't think it's up to you to decide who can post here or what kind of posts you get... if anything your attitude here will bring more fire...

This is not an easy subject, but you don't seem to be making it better...

Why don't you make a web page for your game? I really don't think it was a good idea making this thread for both games...

Get some work done; get some pics, a video... Then you can think about selling it...

At least make a thread for the other game... I never got the fact that you were making two games until you started talking about EA...

It's not nice when you get "negative" posts, but you have to go back and check... Maybe it was somethin you said, or something you didn't...

If you people dont have anything positive to say I would be very happy if you didnt post here.

Don't take our comments as rude, but we don't want you to build yourself up, only to be knocked down. The chances of EA taking you up on your offer is about as far as you giving them a six figure check to have the rights to the series' name at all.

Go ahead with the mod by all means, I'm interested - but the chances of you selling a game to EA with one of their best remembered titles is about as likely as McGruff making a pertinent argument.

Well, I see several problems with everyones thinking:

I am not trying to sell the game project to EA...I have my own idea about what I want to do with it..and will no longer keep trying to explain it.

I have been posting stuff here for a while now and I dont see where the hostility is coming from, I post an update and then get jumped on...I respond better to positive responses about what im doing.

Many of you seem to miss what im trying to say,and then I get insulted by the way you respond like im stupid or something...EVERYTHING you people have been warning me about,jumping on me,scolding me about...I already knew and didnt need any of those responses.

I did not make a seprate website yet about the game project because its still in early stages...like pre-alpha( only 2 of us working on it mind you), and I didnt get many hits on the Beta2 Bridge Commander mod.
I have a website lined up though for the game project..
=======================================
The models im revamping/rebuilding are for BOTH the game AND the Mod,the ones for the mod will be lower poly though.

I will not keep explaining what im doing all the time since people dont seem to get it anyway,due to the wierd responses im getting about stuff I already know about..
I will post updates for both with a title in the post telling what its for..the game or the Mod..

I am not trying to sell the game project to EA...I have my own idea about what I want to do with it..and will no longer keep trying to explain it.

I have been posting stuff here for a while now and I dont see where the hostility is coming from, I post an update and then get jumped on...I respond better to positive responses about what im doing.

Many of you seem to miss what im trying to say,and then I get insulted by the way you respond like im stupid or something...EVERYTHING you people have been warning me about,jumping on me,scolding me about...I already knew and didnt need any of those responses.

I did not make a seprate website yet about the game project because its still in early stages...like pre-alpha( only 2 of us working on it mind you), and I didnt get many hits on the Beta2 Bridge Commander mod.
I have a website lined up though for the game project..
=======================================
The models im revamping/rebuilding are for BOTH the game AND the Mod,the ones for the mod will be lower poly though.

I will not keep explaining what im doing all the time since people dont seem to get it anyway,due to the wierd responses im getting about stuff I already know about..
I will post updates for both with a title in the post telling what its for..the game or the Mod..

Either you are trying to put WC into your game project as well or you're not. If you aren't, then stop confusing people and actually state your intention.

Is the WC stuff just placeholder art? Because if it isn't than you really need to stop playing stupid and listen intently to the critiscism mounted here.

And second, introducing it in this thread was a stupid descision from the get-go. That's half of why people are confused - that you - for whatever reason - decided to muddy this thread about your bridge commander mod with unrelated info about another project. This would better have been served in a thread of it's own.

Wise up, or shut up.

I will not keep explaining what im doing all the time since people dont seem to get it anyway

With all due offense, you need to be clearer in your statements because you're just confusing the hell out of everyone with your vauge comments. Stop beating around the bush and be forthright - is this "game" (not the "mod") Wing Commander or not?

Let us be absolutely clear: everyone here is trying to help you, and you are not making it easy. Many of us have worked with Electronic Arts (or other companies) on game development and licensing projects. We know of what we speak, and if you are at all serious about anything you have been implying then you would do well to actually read our posts.

The problem here is that you have, several times now, implied that you expect to be able to develop a Wing Commander mod or game and then make money off it with the blessing of Electronic Arts. What everyone else is thinking by reading your posts and e-mails is that you expect to make a game (or... Bridge Commander mod?), show it to an EA lawyer and have them hand you a bag of cash for some reason. If this is the case then you are operating under a fatal misconception.

The end result you seem to be imagining is completely opposite how it actually works. If you somehow build an amazingly wonderful Wing Commander game that can be sold for real money and then present it to Electronic Arts they will tell you: great, pay our several-million-dollar licensing fee and you can do what you want. (In actuality, this will not happen in 2007, since they again consider Wing Commander an active franchise... but that's the *best* case scenario.)

People didn't just randomly single you out so they could harass you. Many of your posts, including this one, come across as strangely argumentative or tactless. It's either that or just confusing stuff about what it is that you're even doing. When someone asks for clarification, you get defensive and escalate things. I'm not sure what kind of positive response you're expecting.

Back