WC Gemini Sector Forum RP looking for a few good men

Iceblade

Admiral
WC Gemini Sector Forum RP looking for a few good men and women

The year is 2659. War between the Terran Confederation and the felinoid aliens known as the Kilrathi has raged for twenty years, with no end in sight. Seeking to break the stalemate, the Kilrathi have launched a surprise offensive through the edge of Terran-controlled space in Gemini Sector. A tenacious counteroffensive has pushed back the first wave of the Kilrathi assault, but a second wave has washed over Confed's forces and placed the Majestic deep behind the frontline. For the pilots and crew of the Majestic, survival is not the only goal as the current circumstances offer them a prime opportunity to cut the Kilrathi offensive off at the knees.

That's is where the old Wing Commander Gemini Sector MUSH storyline halted. I am now attempting to reactivate this MUSH as a Forum Role Play Sim over at the Phoenix RP forums (http://www.phoenix-rp.com/). While the story will continue from where Gemini Sector left off, the sim will be easy to jump into for new players/characters. This sim will bridge the forum RP model with certain MUSH style elements by providing an easy-to-use and simple-to-understand combat system heavily influenced by the Wing Commander games and a fully detailed layout of the environments you will roleplay in. Unlike the original MUSH, character creation is much simpler and significantly faster; and there isn't a lengthy set of commands you must know in order to contribute. In addition, while MUSH roleplaying events would generally require a single several hour period when all players can meet, this sim allows players to contribute at times more convenient for them with roleplaying sessions lasting several weeks.

As of right now, we are looking for a few good men and women to join up and post their interest in the sim proposal thread: http://www.phoenix-rp.com/topic/2828/wing-commander-gemini-sector-20/ These Kilrathi have been waiting too long. Let's wake up the Majestic and kick their furry buts out of Gemini!

Last edited:
I want to get in on this! I've played a lot of table top rpgs, even a few larps, but no online forum based games (or MUSH or MUDDs). Any good resources for a newb to look over before creating a character? I'm on the FAQ but it feels sparse.

Sims and Mushes are very fiction based experience. Essentially it is group-based fan fiction writing. You write what your character sees, does, says, and/or thinks in your post (which is usually called a pose) in response to other characters and the general scene. There is less focus on character stats (usually none in a forum RP) as most actions are completed with a die roll. In this sim/forum RP, there are some stats for your character that are related to combat. All calculations are handled by a custom built program.

To get started, just write up a character - name/rank/description/role with a background and post it to the application thread.

I would suggest creating a pilot since that is where most of the action is. This is set in the canon wing commander universe in Gemini Sector, so you should have a bit of a leg up having played some of the WC games.

I've added a dedicated IRC channel as a means for 2 or more players to get together for an hour or so to have a little bit of faster-pace RP fun that is more character or side-story focused.

Back