WC-Armada

hi,

isn´t there anybody, who can make a patch for Wing Commander Armada?

If Origin makes no Multiplayer (i-Net) Wing Commander, then the WC-Fans should do! ;)

What you're proposing is impossible. First one would need to make a patch that enables Armada to run in Windows, and only then could one think about internet support, which would be just as difficult. I'd of course be very happy if someone proved me wrong, but I'm fairly confident that's not gonna happen.

Why is the World so cruel? :)
Origin should publish the Source-code from Armada, like ID-Soft did with DOOM! There are some nice conversations for Windows with internet-multiplayer support!

PS: I come from germany, so please forgive me any wrong english! ;)

People can get the internet going in DOS... In fact, as far as I know, people attempted to do it a few years ago and the real problem was running the internet software and keeping enough memory free so Armada wouldn't complain... It just wasn't going to happen.

TC

Yeah, that´s right.

But with the Source code published, people can try program a windows-fronted for armada.

Do you know Doom-Legacy? Doom is a DOS game. but, after the source was published, some programmers made a really cool frontend! Take a look at it.

Doom-Legacy

I am not a programmer, and don´t know if such a fronted would work with Armada. I am just a player......

Origin/EA isnt interested in releasing the source code of wc games. This was attempted before without success :(
So this mades harder to get it into windows.

Back