WC Armada

Earthworm said:
Yes by saying sh** I insulted your inteligence. I just can't figure out how.

Um, OK Fireball, or Knight, so you showed us that you can use the UBB code. Very nice if I may say so myself.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Sh**!!! So saying sh** is an insult to somebody's intelligence? Sh**, I guess that means I just insulted all of you.

'Worm, Knight. Please don't start anything. Earthworm didn't insult anybody, and Cougar has no right to come here, blatantly ignore our rules, and then yell "He insulted me!!".

"The fact that the game is old doesen't mean sh**." - Ain't no insult in there.

Relax Quarto, I'm just joking. Oh, and yo S00k!1 u soid sh*&$*#(&t und i kkick yor @$$!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Earthworm (edited March 12, 2000).]

What?
confused.gif
I was merely concerned with the direction this thread was heading.
confused.gif
<will smith in ID>We gonna hafta work on r communication skills a bit</will smith in ID>

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

Oh, relax, you two. It's just that I've seen how easy it is for fights to break out for no reason. So, my post was merely prevention (as opposed to cure, which would come if you did start fighting).

I still think it's funny though, that Cougar would consider sh** an insult.

Whoops, there I go again. Maybe I should get myself banned for insulting him like that
smile.gif

He wasn't talking about the use of the word shit. He was talking about the intelegence insult: ".....in case you can't add." Read his post. Not wanting to start anything, just clarifying things.

------------------
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

Knight said:
He wasn't talking about the use of the word shit. He was talking about the intelegence insult: ".....in case you can't add." Read his post. Not wanting to start anything, just clarifying things.

Yeah, but he/she did say *I didnt ask to get lectured and then get my intelligence insulted(the adding sh**).* Now, from what's wrote there Cougar said that I insulted him by saying sh**. <<sarcasm>>Now, if he/she can't recognize sarcasm without sarcasm tags, perhaps we should fell sory for poor Cougar and apologise to him.<</sarcasm>>

Earthworm said:
Yeah, but he/she did say *I didnt ask to get lectured and then get my intelligence insulted(the adding sh**).* Now, from what's wrote there Cougar said that I insulted him by saying sh**. <<sarcasm>>Now, if he/she can't recognize sarcasm without sarcasm tags, perhaps we should fell sory for poor Cougar and apologise to him.<</sarcasm>>

Usually, when someone says(types, whatever!) something like that, most would derive that he was talking about adding, the shit serving like an ' serves in the work won't, a bridge, taking the place of the rest of what was said. Might just be my part of the world though. I don't know.
confused.gif
Guess he and I just speak the same language.
smile.gif

------------------

Hm, I think I see your logic now.
smile.gif
Maybe we are from the same planet after all.

Still, if he can't recognize sarcasm when it's so easy to detect, he shouldn't even be on the net, since he'll be seing a lot more of it. And if he meant to say "the adding sh**" meaning "that stuff about adding" he should have typed shit instead of sh**.

Ah, so that's what he meant. Wow, I really misunderstood that one
smile.gif
. But frankly, if he feels the need to use expletives as bridges, then he's got a thing or two ta learn 'bout communication, laddie. Notice that even if this is done in your part of the world, I don't see you do it (a wise decision
wink.gif
) here.

But maybe you should go easy on the sarcasm with new users, Earthworm. They tend to be young and foolish
smile.gif
. Not worth the trouble.

Earthworm said:
Hm, I think I see your logic now.
smile.gif
Maybe we are from the same planet after all.

Still, if he can't recognize sarcasm when it's so easy to detect, he shouldn't even be on the net, since he'll be seing a lot more of it. And if he meant to say "the adding sh**" meaning "that stuff about adding" he should have typed shit instead of sh**.

And you say he can't see sarcasim?
smile.gif

BTW, I just re-read what I had typed down there, and I'm surprised anyone can see the logic in that. If I didn't type it knowing what I ment, I wouldn't have been able to understand it
smile.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Knight (edited March 12, 2000).]

He's new Quarto. Reason I don't use it here is because if I talked on here like I talk in RL, then I'd be banned because no one would get what I was saying, unless they were from this area. LOAF might, because I think he's spent enough time in Texas that he knows how to speak 'Redneck'
smile.gif

------------------

Knights right...it was from the adding not from the word sh**. At least somebody can read a post right. :)

Oh by the way about the sarcasm stuff...i got serious problems on my mind that I dont wanna take apart every sentence to find out if its sarcasm or an insult.

I wasnt overreacting. I just asked a question. A simple yes or no would have been better in my opinion. Wouldnt have gotten this whole thing this far. It could have been done and over with. But thats my opinion. Im sorry if I sounded overreacted. It wasnt meant to be like that.

Really? As I recall, I did give you a simple no. Apparently, that didn't end the subject, because you then tried to laugh it off. And I quote:
*yawn* yeah sure copyright laws...thats a good one. The game is now old...so old that I forgot when it came out...or when I last played it for that matter. What they dont know cant hurt me. Ha ha
Now seriously. When you come to a respectable WC board and say that... you deserve every insult you get. This board, btw, operates (or at least used to) from an Origin server.

Let that be a lesson to you next time.

True. My apologies to you. Now umm I made a new subject and Im just wondering if we can get to that. Its not even illegal. LoL YAY!!!

Yes, well. I didn't post at the other subject, because I don't know the answer to your question. But, if you insist...

Back