WC Academy TV

Bellend

Spaceman
My god!! I just downloaded the first episode and its 27 megs! Does anyone have a more compressed version? 27 megs seems a bit excessive.its prety good quality on full screen though

Iv'e only just started downloading them myself, but the size doesn't bother me, I've got an ISDN and a 14.4 gig hard drive
smile.gif

------------------
You Know I do GCSE Cooking, I get A's B's and nothing bellow c's I make Christmas Cake, Shortbread pastry and other Assorted and hard to make delacacys and what do I come home and cook myself?
Microwave Hot dogs!

Last edited by a moderator:
More compresed? The quality isn't that good right now, and compresing it would make it look even worse.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Yeah, 30 megs an episode is the lowest we have.. It only goes up from there.

I downloaded the entire series using a 14.4. It took me almost a week. I can understand if you have a bad connection or if you have to pay long distance charges. Just get a download resume utility and start downloading and go to sleep. I was always pleasantly suprised to find three more files in the folder when I woke up in the morning. It's a pain, but it's worth it.
smile.gif

------------------
They've got use surrounded. Poor bastards.
http://www.sballiance.com/cgi-bin/UBBCGI/Ultimate.cgi

I don't know about Deadman, but I'm using AOL, and altough it's fu***d up most of the time I only have to pay around $30 a month for unlimited internet.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

If you have a dowload resume program then you don't have to leave it on all night. You can pause the download when you go offline and turn it back on when you get back online. It can take a few days to download things that way but you aren't wasting your ISP time or $ (if in UK) because you are only downloading when you would be on already.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

I said to use a download utility because you migh get bumped off or the connection can freez up. That and the utilty I use will store the unfinished file, redial and then start downloading the next file on the list. $30 a month?! Man that sucks. I only have to pay $17 for unlimited access. The only thing I hate obout my connection is that the max speed I can log on with is 41 bps and that rarly happends.

------------------
Try it. What could it hurt.

$17 a month for unlimited internet access? Those are prices that we here in Germany only can dream of!
I have to pay 5 DM base fee plus 2.9 Pf/min (min) up to 5.9 Pf/min (max). For example, for 10 hours of online time I have to pay at least $10. And that's almost the cheapest ISP around here.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Boy, a dollar an hour. Long distance fees are cheeper than that in the US. I forgot the referal program. For every person you refer to Klinknet (now Logicalnet, my ISP) I get a dollar off. Plus I get multiple e-mail accounts for free.
smile.gif
That really comes in handy in my case since my brother draws off of my account. It's kinda cool that we can both be on-line at the same time with the same account. He just pays half the charges so in the end I only have to pay $5 a month.
smile.gif

------------------
Try it. What could it hurt.

If you wan a good download program and resumer try Download Accelerator plus. at www.lidan.com. its free plus you resume downloads and my speed never dropped below 3.7 per sec (i'm using a 36k until cable is here).

Deadman I said about $30. It's more between 20-30, are you using AOL too.

------------------

God you guys are lucky. We have one ISP in the UAE and it's a dollar and hour. It also only goes about 2kb/sec at maximum. And it always disconnects. If there was another ISP I'd take it but it's a dictatorship out here and no other ISP's are allowed.

Damn Bellend, where do you live? What ISP do you have?

------------------

Yup, UAE is exactly where you said. The place is a shit hole. I'd probably get shot if any of the police heard me saying that. The ISP is called "Emirates Internet". you can go to http://www.emirates.net.ae if you want to see hwat a pathetic joke of an ISP it is. We even have a proxy server that filters out sites they think are offensive. That includes anything to do with religion or isreal. Pathetic really...

[This message has been edited by Bellend (edited January 11, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Bellend (edited January 11, 2000).]

Just to let you know, the reason it is connecting so slowly and disconnecting so often is probibly not the ISPs fault. I'm guessing that the phone lines in your area aren't very good... (static and line noise) and that causes slowing and disconnections when using a modem over it.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Back