w00000000000t!!! l00k @t my l33t WiNsUcK hx0r1ng!!!

Frosty

a full fledged GF
hax0r.gif

I don't actually have a periwinkle appearance selection, it's just lame-ass MSPaint can't do GIFs right.

------------------
Hats off to the new-age hairstyle made of bones,
Hats off to the use of hats as megaphones...

-Frosty

Yuck, do you really have a hugeass Athlon logo in your system panel like that?

:p
I'm stuck with a stupid K6-2 :/ (with 32 Megs of RAM)

Well... then again, I don't have a stupid Athlon logo in my System Properties >
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Make a file named oeminfo.ini in your C:\Windows\System\ directory with these lines in it:

[General]
Manufacturer=*Manufacturer*
Model=*Model*

And make a 96x96x8bpp image for the logo and name it oemlogo.bmp and save it in the same directory.

------------------

-Frosty

[This message has been edited by Quarto (edited July 13, 2000).]

Oh, Frosty, it's up to you, but you might want to take the image down since it does give the keycode for your copy of 98. Not that anyone could do anything malicious to you with it, but they could use it to pirate 98. Though I'm guessing most everyone here already has it.

Don't worry about that Shane. The threat of something remotely relating to that is minimal.

Besides, I don't think anyone would want to get a Pirated 98 anymore; consider that (like you said) many people have.

Just don't leave out those Unix users
biggrin.gif

Metras said:
Don't worry about that Shane. The threat of something remotely relating to that is minimal.

Besides, I don't think anyone would want to get a Pirated 98 anymore; consider that (like you said) many people have.

Just don't leave out those Unix users
biggrin.gif

Yes, only morons would dare do so. Then they'll be surprised to see funny things happen to their PC. I have several friends who were forced to buy legit MS software after experiencing 'mysterious' crashes [made the mistake of visiting Microsoft sites]
lol.gif

I work with MS stuff all day, mostly NT, though. MS is sometimes anal about licensing stuff, but what major software company isn't.

*grins*
Well... Microsoft is down for a fall, that can not be avoided.
Perhaps I should go get Linux for the heck of it?
smile.gif

I'm using a pirate copy of Win98 myself. And as soon as I can grab a CD-R with Win2k on it I'll use that.

And Linux isn't something you can just fire up "...for the heck of it," trust me there.

------------------

-Frosty

Metras said:
*grins*
Well... Microsoft is down for a fall, that can not be avoided.
Perhaps I should go get Linux for the heck of it?
smile.gif

Yeah, Linux isn't for the easily frustrated. Also I wouldn't count Microsoft out just yet. I do wonder though if they'll be able to keep focused.

Yeah, maybe they'll be so out of it and confused that they'll forget corporate scheming and release a flawless product.

------------------

-Frosty

Not as long as they use there customers as their beta testers. I've been testing Office 2000 and it is going to be the biggest pain from a rollout point of view. It's a resource hog and a full install isn't really a full install. I do think the way the trial was run, MS will do well on appeal.

Shane said:
Not as long as they use there customers as their beta testers. I've been testing Office 2000 and it is going to be the biggest pain from a rollout point of view. It's a resource hog and a full install isn't really a full install. I do think the way the trial was run, MS will do well on appeal.

Shane: Yes, it is! Office2K took about 3Gb+ from my HD and I still have to install PowerPoint
mad.gif

Back