Vote For A Jumpgate

Royal_Marine

Rear Admiral
I'm assuming that you're familiar with the Wing Commander: Rebel Assault movie that is under construction.

While I'm currently working hard trying to get a trailer together for it, I came across something that would benefit from your help.

The movie obviously has to have Jump Gates in it, and while it is going to be based before Prophecy, I can't see that the Wormholes would change in appearance through time. So basically I just need you all to pick your favourite Jump Gate:

The Wing Commander 3/4 Version:
original.jpg

The Prophecy Version:
prophecy.jpg

Appreciate your opinions.

Well i like the wc3/4 version better. The blueish and purpleish look extremly cool! The small green just sucks i dont know why they changed it!

Thx :D

In that case, Royal_Marine can you get me some screenshots of that wc3/4 jumpgate in different stages? I would like to see how it looks in the game...:)

Ok thanks alot, from the mails i've recieved and from your replies the WC3/4 gate is winning by a victory of 16 to 0, so I guess that's how they'll look :)

Thanks, also KillerWave, are those mats what you needed, or do you still need shots?

Originally posted by Royal_Marine
Thanks, also KillerWave, are those mats what you needed, or do you still need shots?

Those mats are from the original SO jumpgate, i would like screenshots of yours wc3 gate, in different stages of it (opening...open...closing) to put them in SO, it looks cool, and i would like to see how it looks in SO :D

I agree, the WC3/4 gate looks much better... hey KW, if they look good after putting them into the game, you mind if UE steals them from you? ;)

Will have to call the cops on you Q! ;)
Actually Royal_Marine, i would need about 29 screens of it in various stages...but if its not possible, i could repeat some i guess...

[Edited by KillerWave on 04-20-2001 at 15:45]

Hey, is this the jumpgate debate mentioned in the news? I can't seem to get the two pics on the first post, and the WC3/4 jump sequence might be easier on you for the movie, but I always loved how that huge jump tunnel opened up for the Midway, even if it was green.

Funny... inflight jumps are still blue...

Originally posted by KillerWave
Will have to call the cops on you Q! ;)
Hah! They'll never catch me! :)

That blue gate does look great. Now, if neither you nor Royal_Marine mind (and if Pedro likes it), I really would like to use it in UE. Proper credit you will as usual get, of course.

[Edited by Quarto on 04-21-2001 at 05:51]

Like i sayd:

Originally posted by KillerWave
Btw, the video card im using mess a little with the textures, so i cant say for sure its working correctly, but i will get a new card soon enough ;)

Should have it next week, and will fix any errors i might not be able to see now...;)

[Edited by KillerWave on 04-21-2001 at 10:20]

Oh, and if anyone got SO without sosim instaled, click on that ball in the cerberus holo and tell me if you hear anything...or its just me?? ;)

Back