Volunteer request: Balanced weapons

Kevin Caccamo

Rear Admiral
Back at my private forum at Cyberion systems, I posted a volunteer request for people to test out WC1 Remake's arsenal and see if it's balanced.

Here is my current version of weapons.xml, along with the new spacemine.

weapons.zip

I think all the balancing issues have been solved, but I don't know. Please tell me if you think a weapon is not balanced correctly.

I think that the weapons that are most unbalanced are the Neutron gun and the spacemine. Could you please test both of them out? Thank you.

Will you guys be willing to help me? If you are, thank you.

I don't think most people are going to know what to do with this one file. Why not make an interim release, and let people download the whole thing and try it out?

Ok... Go get it here!

It's a very big download probably due to the videos.

And again, please report any errors related to balance. Thank you.

Hmm, only played part of 1 mission, looks better, but I didn't take much time to judge.

Your new videos didn't play on my system at all. you may need to resize them, and you'll definitely want to compress them. Download and use virtual dub. With 1.5, I'm hoping you'll also be able to include conversation videos too.

Hmm, only played part of 1 mission, looks better, but I didn't take much time to judge.

Your new videos didn't play on my system at all. you may need to resize them, and you'll definitely want to compress them. Download and use virtual dub. With 1.5, I'm hoping you'll also be able to include conversation videos too.

I already have Virtual dub. I used it to make the comm videos green.

And do the FMVs have to be a certain resolution?

Try to make them the same size as the existing FC FMVs. I'm not really sure, give it a try. You also need to remove the sound from the avis, and then move them to separate mp3 files.

Back