Vista Problem

Hawkjoe

1st Lieutenant
It took me hours to find the solution to this one. When I went to restart my computer everything worked fine until windows tried to load Windows Explorer. Instead of loading the desktop/taskbar/etc. it loaded the explorer for viewing files. I had to manually load it!

I tried to contact Microsoft but my product key wouldn't work (thanks Bcom). It took me hours to find the solution in their discussion boards. I had to edit the Registry! It worked but I'm surprised it happened in the first place.

Gotta love Vista. Maybe I should up...err...downgrade to Xp.

Is it just explorer? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling? And have you updated your virus utility then scaned your system for viruses?
Never had stuff like that happen unless I was screwing with stuff in the first place.

To show one of several bugs in Vista?
Well I'd like to thank you, Mr. free-thinking, never-speaks-a-cliché-man. Not once in my life until you made this post had I heard about [ONE OF SEVERAL BUGS IN VISTA], but now I know.

You have truly opened my eyes in a way no television programs, print magazines and newspaper articles, blogs, legitimate websites, or forum threads that predate this one right here, right now, where I am posting in response to you, ever could have.

Keep doing what you're doing, Mr. Original, and I'll salute you all the way, a swell of pride in my heart and a tear in my eye. You are surely the Atlas of Operating System integrity. God-motherfucking-speed.

My cousin...has Windows XP running on his Pentium I. Why? I have no idea. He just preffers that hs computer run as slowly as posibble. He wanted to run Vista...but the computer doesn't have a DVD drive.

I had XP running on a Pentium 100 for a few years. It was actually pretty fine.

I had put something here, but it wasn't funny, so I removed it.

Thats a good lesson.

Back