Vid Com Bug

U

Unregistered

Hey, it's Sphynx, forgot to sign in. First of all, I'm just saving up a bit of money so I can survive in the campaign long enough to play through it. Think a Gladius will do the job for me?

Anyway, I think I found a bug in the current version. I notice now that often when I receive a com, the visual does not come up. The visual for the pirate always comes up, and the visual for the merchant usually comes up, but the visual for Confed, militia, retro, and Bounty Hunters usually doesn't. I don't know about the Kilrathi visuals yet.

I played around with a few things. If I had my VDU set to Com, then all the visuals for each faction would show up.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

I experienced that sometimes the com screen only flashed up for half a sec. and shuts down while the com-channel is still active.

that's very strange...
do you hit keys like 't' to change target or something that could cause the business to change?

personally I haven't noticed it, and I've done a lot of large missions with many test ships around to stress the sound/comm system since I deployed it....
alas...we'll see

Well it should be noted that the animation and comms sound aren't synchronized. The animation and the sound just play, and almost always, one will finish before the other.

MamiyaOtaru said:
Well it should be noted that the animation and comms sound aren't synchronized. The animation and the sound just play, and almost always, one will finish before the other.
Yea i should know about it ;) But when the animation flashes up for half a sec. the animation is not played completely and that's a kind of bug. In most cases it should (nearly) match the lenght of the voice telling you something, so was it created.

Back