Veterans of Offworld Wars

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Bah, Asterix and Rider, show some respect... Gaijin here was posting to Origin's Official Wing Commander Chat Zone while you were all in diapers...
smile.gif

------------------
Long live the Confederation,
Ben "Bandit" Lesnick
( loaf@wcnews.com - 302228)

The Wing Commander CIC

LOAF's Merry Guild

"You go, LOAF! Get some!" -JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy Oldtimers!

Just checking in with the wider WC populace to see: a) what carriers you have served on and b) how long you have been in and out of uniform.
I've been flying since my early episodes in an isolated part of the universe known as MacSuperWingCommander. It was here I met with Angel and Spirit and Iceman and strange hallucinations at the end of the game. Anyone else go farther back?

Check six,

Gaijin GG

------------------
No Hope, No Fear, Free.

Oldtimer I think your an oldtimer since I am only 14yrs old so you have bussiness so you should be an oldtimer.
smile.gif
this is how you give your smily face if you want to put one or you can check the on the smilies legend go check it cadet remember life is short

Thanks Bandit for that vote of confidence. I am indeed verifiably "old". Just wanted to hear what everyone was up to.... Anyhow I'll just keep on flyin' on and let them young whippersnappers try to keep up! And keep myself from becoming a galactic lawn dart.

Check six,

Gaijin GG

Ohayo gozaymasu, Gaijin san
smile.gif

Nice to hear from someone in Japan!
I am the other veteran flyer... so to speak
biggrin.gif

------------------
Turn me loose, Colonel.
This is what I live for!

Foreigner it is! The GG of course stands for "Grey Ghost"....told you I was old!!
smile.gif

Hey Gaijin. Nice to see you coming back!

------------------
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Real heros wear SCBAs, not capes.--Me.

Thanks! The WC universe has been going on so long now we probably have two or three generations of WC aces! Good to see so much activity here.

KrisV said:
"Foreigner" I believe.

Literally, yes. The implied meaning, though, is more along the lines of "barbarian", used as an insult not entirely unlike 'wop,' 'mick,' 'slant-eye,' and other such <sarcasm>oh so lovely terms of endearment</sarcasm>.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Yes, gaijin *can* have that ferenghi, farang, gwailo type connotation. Living in Japan these past nine years however, I find it's usually harmless and functional--and I use it myself (the more polite 'gaikokujin' is just too much trouble to spit out!). I figure your callsign is what everybody calls you, and while some might be called "Chaser" or "Ace'N" or "Sticks" (the actual callsigns of three F-14 pilots flying off the USS Kitty Hawk based here in Japan who were kind enough to autograph my Black Knights VF-154 squadron cap the other day at Atsugi naval airbase), in my case what everybody calls me is "Gaijin" so that's what I'm stuck with! Guess it's better than "Phish" or "Scud Belly" or "Flathead" or some other monikers I've seen!

Back