Vesuvius.....

Razer92

Spaceman
Does any one know where I can get the iff file for the vesuvius to work in secret ops?

Thanks Razer

WE must perfect our selves

What do you mean? The Vesuvius model is already in SO, and you don't need any files to make it work. You can't use it to replace the Cerberus though. I belive it's called wc3carrier.iff in the Ships folder.

Um Raider, I belive I already said that.
biggrin.gif

You can't replace the Cerberus with it because the Vesuvius class doesen't have launch tubes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Launch tubes? For what? Fighters or missiles? You can change a laser turret to an IR launcher. I doubt you could make a fighter launch tube.

DH, for fighters of course. Like the ones the Midway and Hades class have.

Raider, AFAIK you can't add launch tubes, though I don't know much about programing and hacking and such. But I don't realy think it's posible.

Why not, Earthworm? It's just like changing any other capship component. Easy when you know how.

Unfortunately, I don't think anybody knows how
frown.gif

That's basicly what I mean Quarto.
smile.gif
I'm sure that OSI people would be able to add launch tubes to capships, but none of us fans would know how.

Launch tubes are unnecessary for most fan made missions...

Wouldn't the main game still crash even if you did have launch tubes?

Earthworm, what is the error message that comes up when you change the Cerberus to Vesuvius?

Easy for the OSI people sure, I don't know any real well off hand. Do you?

Death's Head said:
Launch tubes are unnecessary for most fan made missions...

But it would be nice to change that piece of **** Cerberus with a Vesuvius wouldn't it?

Wouldn't the main game still crash even if you did have launch tubes?

I don't know, but it shouldn't. The problem seems to be only with the launch tubes, since the Vesuvius class doesen't have them, you can't launch.

Earthworm, what is the error message that comes up when you change the Cerberus to Vesuvius?

I don't realy remember, but either when you try to start the game, or when you try to launch on a mission the game crashes and give you an error. Of course it's a windows error message, so no one understands it anyhow.
smile.gif

Hmm well the only solution I see is if you can swap the components somehow or trick the game into thing a hangar was a launcher, that would be a lot easier than making a new one. Otherwise, someone will have to start building a component editor.
smile.gif

I wonder if you swap the Vesuvius with the Midway when you are on the Relay Station you could land. Ves has a hangar.

Earthworm said:
I don't realy remember, but either when you try to start the game, or when you try to launch on a mission the game crashes and give you an error. Of course it's a windows error message, so no one understands it anyhow.
smile.gif

If you swap with a Leviathan you get a message that says the hangar's been destroyed, I think.

That's because the Leviathan has a launcher, but it doesen't have a hangar. So the game behaves like if the hangar on the capship was destroyed and gives you that message.

hehe either you have a hangar or launchers, not both.
smile.gif

almost makes ya think they knew we were going to be able to switch ships and took preventative measures.

In theory, I'd say the bug carrier's launch wings are hangars too but we can't id them as such, nor can we fly in them.

And why can't we take off from Ves? Those long gray bars on the carrier are supposed to be cigar shaped launchers.
frown.gif
That hangar as you recall looks a lot like the lex only wider, and longer.

Maybe we will figuire out how to edit those components one day and THEN the party will begin!
smile.gif

Death's Head said:
smile.gif

New Confed ships in Prophecy and SO: Launch tubes and hangars.

Nephilim ships: Hangars. They are used to launch as well as colect fighters unlike the launch tubes on the Midway and Hades where you take off from one end of the ship and land on the other.

Kilrathi ships: Unknown, but probably similar to Confeds.

And why can't we take off from Ves? Those long gray bars on the carrier are supposed to be cigar shaped launchers.
frown.gif
That hangar as you recall looks a lot like the lex only wider, and longer.

Well I don't know if I completly agree with the fact that carriers have multiple hangars like sugested in the novels. I don't think that OSI didn't do it that way because the engine wouldn't handle it, how hard could it be to place an extra wall in the center of the ship so we'd get two hangars instead of one?

Now, those cigar shaped launchers, I assume are suposed to be in the middle of the ship instead of that one big hole, however they're never shown in WC4 or SO. Anyhow, the fact is that in Prophecy and SO your fighter, unlike in WC3 and WC4, doesen't take off the simply by increasing power and flying out. Your fighter is placed in the launcher and shot out from the carrier, and the Vesuvius model can't simulate that.

Maybe we will figuire out how to edit those components one day and THEN the party will begin!
smile.gif

Yeah, I always wanted to fly of the Vesuvius. I was so disapointed that we didn't get to be on one in WC4.
frown.gif

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Death's Head:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Confed ships in Prophecy and SO: Launch tubes and hangars.

Nephilim ships: Hangars. They are used to launch as well as colect fighters unlike the launch tubes on the Midway and Hades where you take off from one end of the ship and land on the other.

Kilrathi ships: Unknown, but probably similar to Confeds.

You missed my point. The ships you want to fly off are missing either one of the components necessary for the game to support you. Only Midway and cerberus have the launchers and hangars. It doesn't matter how the ships function in theory.

If someone could copy a cerberus launcher to a vesuvius-there's plenty of room in the model, we could have a nice new base. The easiest way to do it would be to subsitute say the the middle engine for a launcher.
The trick is finding someone who can do that.

While were tweaking components, is there any way to make the ships a bit larger? Say, so the Midway actually looks a mile long instead of, say, 900 meters?

------------------
I don't respect your authority BECAUSE YOU HAVE NONE!!!

Chernikov said:
While were tweaking components, is there any way to make the ships a bit larger? Say, so the Midway actually looks a mile long instead of, say, 900 meters?

Well, with today's systems, I'd look for the next WC (I know the SP will, I'm not sure about the MP) to have larger, more to scale capships. (Like DFS 1 & 2) Before, due to system and game engine constraints, huge capships was impossible. I mean, look at the Kat's dreadnaught in WCIII. BTW, anyone know if anybody has made a 3D model of the kitty dreadnaught for WCP/SO? Just wondering....

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
Striking a man down with your blade is clean and honorable. Shooting him in the back from the darkness of an alley and hurrying to blame it on another was something else altogether.--Darth Vader

[This message has been edited by Knight (edited March 12, 2000).]

Back