Upgrade issue and other questions

griffin005

Spaceman
Hello,

I find the following a bit strange happened last night:

1. I originally have a level 1 "light" shield installed and when I add a level2 "medium" shield, the newly added one "sits" on top of the old one! However I notice no protection benefit from a level-2 only shield. So I sold the level 1 shield and after that I cannot add one back. Is it a bug?

2. I lost my forward armour after a fight and have it repaired. However, when i get back the flight screen, that piece of armour is still missing. I checked the damage status and it shows no damage to armour and so it is repair screen at base. So I sold that piece of armour off and buy it again. This time, my ship regains full armour. Is this also a bug?

3. (Possible spoilers) I ran my first plot mission. I ran into some combat situate and decided to land on bases other than my destination. Although I have the items sent successfully, I returned to ND and fixer there says I have failed. Why? What could I do from here other than reloading an older save game?

TIA.

Griffin.

More questions

1. How much "cargo space" does a Demon and Talon take up respectively? I think I can't find it in the spec.

2. If I hire wingman, how far would they go with me? Can I upgrade their ships and use their cargo spaces?

TIA.

griffin005 said:
1. I originally have a level 1 "light" shield installed and when I add a level2 "medium" shield, the newly added one "sits" on top of the old one! However I notice no protection benefit from a level-2 only shield. So I sold the level 1 shield and after that I cannot add one back. Is it a bug?

Only the best shield is used. For this reason, it makes no sense to buy a level 1 if you already have a level 2. "Stacking" them doesn't provide any extra shielding, it only takes up extra cargo space.

The level 2 shield *does* give more protection than the level 1 shield. The bars indicating shield strength don't get longer, of course, since they are showing relative strength (i.e. full bar is 100% of whatever is max shield capacity of the (best) installed shield).

2. I lost my forward armour after a fight and have it repaired. However, when i get back the flight screen, that piece of armour is still missing. I checked the damage status and it shows no damage to armour and so it is repair screen at base. So I sold that piece of armour off and buy it again. This time, my ship regains full armour. Is this also a bug?

Sounds strange. Did you try the "Repair all" button?

Sounds strange. Did you try the "Repair all" button?[/QUOTE]

I did. If there is anything left unfixed, there will be a line of red text showing in the descriptions and I am not allowed to sell any parts.

Thanks.

Back