Unknown Enemy Re-release.

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
I'm pretty much 100% positive I know what the answer will be, in fact I'm probably going to kick myself the moment I send it, but oh well.

Are you guys planing on doing some sort of UE re release with the new cockpit meshes you used in Standoff?

Cockpit meshes? No, definitely not.

We have, for many years now, been planning to release an update to UE, to fix some of the bugs we know about. But if/when that finally happens, it's going to be a very minimalist update. The reason for that should be obvious - there is so much that could be improved in UE, that if we really got into it, there'd be no end...

Sounds like a good quick (for a mod) mod project for somebody, though. I mean the source code is released, anybody can go in and update aspects (with permission of course) and such....well maybe not anybody could incorporate the new graphics of Standoff very easily but most everything else would be fairly simple.

I still plan to get to do that last UE update after we're done with Standoff; but as Quarto said, we won't add much to it, only slight changes and bugfixes. I think Quarto said that he likes UE as it is, as a testament of what we could do back then. I am starting to think the same, so don't expect any radical changes.

Yeah, exactly. UE is in no way comparable to what we can do now - heck, even the early episodes of Standoff are embarassing in some ways (...though at least they didn't crash so much ;) ). But, however weak UE might have been, I am proud of it, because it was the best we could do at the time. And it's just so great to be able to see the progression, from UE, on through the five episodes of Standoff...

And I will keep saying to you perfectionists out there (don't worry, I can be one of them too at times), don't be ashamed of what you accomplished in the past, just because it seems 'weak' today or whatever. We are all appreciative of your hard work, flawed or otherwise.

And I will keep saying to you perfectionists out there (don't worry, I can be one of them too at times), don't be ashamed of what you accomplished in the past, just because it seems 'weak' today or whatever. We are all appreciative of your hard work, flawed or otherwise.

Oh by no means did i think it was weak... honestly I was kinda hoping to see them do the Scimitar's cockpit.

Back