Universe Map

Edfilho said:
I also remember what Jukaga said... A good deal of Kilrathi territory is dead.

And Delance, I think people stopped asking for war reparations after what happened in europe during the 1930's...

I wish I had my copy of AS handy so I could grab the quote. I'm pretty sure it's Jukaga's father who says it during one of the imperial war councils (if I can call it that?) near the start of the book.

War reparations went out with prohibition...it just didn't work

Dundradal said:
Kind of like how Torgo is labeled Torgo even though in FC we hear it being called Kobar Yagar, the kilrathi name for it. I always found it interesting how in wc3 we had a sector HQ at Torgo and inbetween the victory stopping their with the behemoth and the t-bomb run the kats were able to capture the system. Seemed awefully quick action to me.

That it was referred to by the Kilrathi name for it doesn't mean that it was held by the Kilrathi. I forget the details (haven't read FC in a while), but basically it was a political issue to refer to the system in which the treaty ending the war was signed, which at least as of 2681 (WCP map) is human-held, by the Kilrathi name for it. The actual system on the maps and in regular usage is most likely referred to, in human circles, by the name "Torgo".

Death said:
That it was referred to by the Kilrathi name for it doesn't mean that it was held by the Kilrathi. I forget the details (haven't read FC in a while), but basically it was a political issue to refer to the system in which the treaty ending the war was signed, which at least as of 2681 (WCP map) is human-held, by the Kilrathi name for it. The actual system on the maps and in regular usage is most likely referred to, in human circles, by the name "Torgo".

FC says they captured it at the end of the war. The political reasons also played a factor in what the treaty was called, but it was more to appease the kilrathi

Edfilho said:
Well, Isn't Jukaga the family name? I mean, isn't the Father also Jukaga?

No Jukaga is his first name. His clan's name has slipped my mind at the moment.....I also can't remember his father's name at the moment.

... and here's something else I threw together this morning. Absolutely not part of the regular map, but it's fun to see what it might have looked like:

privthree.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, this is based on the 1997 Privateer 3 outline we've had posted in /archives for a while. I've updated the image a bit, including notation for Kilrathi systems... enjoy!

How strange, actually, that having just produced the universe map for WCP, they made no attempt to ensure that the Priv 3 map would fit in with it.

The 1998 attempt at Privateer 3, as well as the various Privateer Online proposals we've seen all use Captain Johnny's map.

This map may be a relic of an earlier version -- from when it was 'Privateer 2'.

Back