Unable to buy/sell

U

Unregistered

Hi guys. You guys have done a great job by converting the MS-DOS version of Privateer into a Windows/Linux/OS X compatible game. A toast to all! :)

Anyway, I would like to report an error (a bug?).
I'm now running Windows XP SP1 with 32MB ATI Mobility Radeon 9000. I could start up the game perfectly (and that includes launching, attacking, docking), but I am not able to buy/sell weapons, goods, and ships; and take on missions from the Mission Computer. The small little screens are totally black. When I click on the mission computer, it kicked me out of the game with an error. The technical error would be too long to be pasted in here, but I would gladly paste it here if it is required to debug it.

xyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzwxyzw

This is not spam....it's the last 10 lines of my stderr.txt. I'm noticing other things such as this:

Warning: Cannot locate contraband
Assertion failed unit_generic.cpp:711 Unit contraband not found
yzwdot -0.211877

Is it usual?

doesn't report an error ... how odd...
try running c:\windows\system32\drwtsn32.exe
set a mini dump
and make it crash--then paste the dump log here... or e-mail it to privater *atsign gmail.com

another thing...what are your driver version number...ATI just released new drivers tha tmight fix the problem

I have same kind of "spam" in my stdout-file and like billion different "not found"-warnings refering to png/jpg-files etc.

well that's because it looks for cutomized images before deafult ones--those files would be useful to devels to look at in the event of a problem

Hmm...looks like my driver could be the problem. It is dated 1/3/2003. Pretty old to me. :( However, thanks for helping me out. I can't do much at this point as I need Administrator rights to install the newer driver. As for the log, I don't know how to use the program, sorry.

Thanks again for helping me out, hellcatv. Privateer Remake is a great game. It pwns!
Cheers to the programmers and all that are involved in the remake.

Okay, problem solved. Sorry for all the trouble that I put you through, hellcatv.
I had to reduce everything to the lowest level to see the mission computer and the weapons. It's great! Extreme! YAY!

Close thread? :D

it's fine :) might help others...
do update those drivers though when you can find the admin--they may save you from future headaches

Back