U R A WC junkie if...

378: You scream, "He's behind me! I can't shake him!!" when someone tries to overtake you on the road.
379: You think your local clothes store is a kilrathi sympathizer because he doesn't sell kilrathi furs.
380: After a car accident you wonder how the other car punched through your phase shields.

Hey, this thread is quite funny.:)

Originally posted by Twister
and NoRemorse, that's a pretty cheap way to increase your rank and also very anoing>spelling!<, do you know you can EDIT you posts and then add 'm in there.

I don't give a shit about my rank, Twister (see how many replies I send each day on my profile). Ask the moderators to ban me if you want, I'll go on sending replies even if I turn to swabbie or cadet. My english is poor, I do not speak it everyday, and I'm just trying to improve it.
Moreover I don't have 2 hours to spend to build a sentence; when I have an idea, I prefer to send it immediately.

I apologize for the disturbance... but I'AM NOT A CHEATER.

Therefore, next time you'll be there, Twister, I'll try not to disturb you... well I won't send replies...

NoRemorse: When you post many times consecutively, it gives the impression that you're just trying to boost your post count. Secondly when you start raving about bannings and such, only then does banning become an issue - let's stay civil shall we? Finally the best way for you to improve your english is to keep practicing. By all means post your ideas when you have them but then refine/improve them by editing your posts. You'll sound and look more intelligent that way :)

Originally posted by Penguin
NoRemorse: When you post many times consecutively, it gives the impression that you're just trying to boost your post count. Secondly when you start raving about bannings and such, only then does banning become an issue - let's stay civil shall we? Finally the best way for you to improve your english is to keep practicing. By all means post your ideas when you have them but then refine/improve them by editing your posts. You'll sound and look more intelligent that way :)

I totally agree with you... just keep in mind I don't want to boost my count through this way... that was what I wanted to explain... I just wanted to "help" the community sending my ideas, that's all. And that time, I had ideas every ten minutes...

PS: I don't want to look intelligent... I'm smart !:D
PS: I may have a training period during summer 2003, and I want to go overseas, in Canada or in the USA. Will the WC community be able to help me ?

A couple that jumped into my head... (all from real life!)

383. You purchase a lot of 40 Chinese computer games from eBay because they include a copy of Wing Commander Academy.
384. You wonder whether #360 refers to the Vorshaki Dueling Blade, the Koractu Sword or the terrifying Claw Knife.
385. You travelled to Columbus, Ohio just to see the movie Rapier at Planet Hollywood before it was taken away.
386. You know the difference between laser turrets, laser batteries and laser cannons -- and will loudly explain it to anyone within earshot.
387. You high-fived the guy next to you in the theater when the Pegasus comm officer said 'TCS Vanguard'.
388. You feel bad for not pointing out said comm officers name (Thomas Sherryl).
389. You want to get a Kilrathi tattoo just like Paladin's in the movie.
390. You know that Paladin *has* a Kilrathi tattoo in the movie.
391. You keep a Win 3.11 partition on your hard drive so you can keep playing with the Origin FX Wing Commander screensavers.
392. You played through Wing Commander IV using only leech weapons wherever possible to avoid killing your countrymen.
393. You laugh at these 'console wars' -- the real winners are 3DO owners!
394. You imported another copy of Wing Commander Movie DVD from Denmark because it has a short 'making of' featurette.
395. You remember when whoever wrote #248 would have claimed his name was LaFong instead.
396. You bought Archmedian Dynasty and Ultima VII to find the Wing Commander in-jokes.
397. You wonder why the F-109 Vampire is named after a type of missile.
398. You can spell Nephilim properly.
399. You know Dr. Brody's first name (Tuesday).
400. You've tried playing Wing Commander III while wearing Blair's flight gloves (you can't hit the keys properly).

401: You wear Blair's helmet and flightsuit while playing in addition...
402: You got kicked out of church for waving a Pilgrim Cross around and preaching the greatness of Ivar Chu MacDanial.
403. You actually know who Ivar Chu Macdanial is.
404. You know the stats for all the WC ships (even the movie!) so well you can quote them to yourself.
405. You tried to construct a flashpac to use against...okay, this is just scary.
406. You think the Black Lance is responsible for the 911 attacks.
407. You constructed a miniature TCS Concordia for use in sikmulated lake battles.
408. You only eat raw meat, sleep on animal furs, and drink out of the toilet.
409. You laugh at those who say the Lexington was destroyed during WWII - after all, everyone knows it was only disabled!
410. You can point out the spot on the flight deck where Blair's torpedo blasted.
411. You scream "Give 'em a broadside Mr. Gerald!" every time your home team is about to score.
412. You painted "FIRST TO KILRAH" on your car. And your plane. And your boat...

413. You've shot down more than 10,000 kilrathis during your life (as many as the number of inhabitants of your town).
414. Your miniature TCS Concordia was too small. You're trying to build a 1:1 scale model of it in your garage. (see #407)
415. You're 23 and you're already Wing Commander (well, a german ace during WW2, Nowotny, was 22 and Wing Commander)
416. Nobody can't understand what you want to say in chat rooms, 'cause you've forgotten to get off your flight gloves (see #400)
417. You try to explain people what Wing Commander is. In vain.
418. You voted for my website at the last CIC Fan site contest (hehe)
419. If you didn't, Sivar will catch you.
420. You love the smell of plasma guns in the morning (see Apocalypse Now)
421. You've spend your holidays in Calisto System, Avalon Sector
422. You know where Calisto system is.
423. You've tried to explain the NASA that there are Kilrathis "on the right side" of the Universe map, but they laughed at you.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

391. You keep a Win 3.11 partition on your hard drive so you can keep playing with the Origin FX Wing Commander screensavers.

423. Not only do you have a Win 3.11 partition on your HD as mentioned in 391, but you have a seperate 486 computer.
424. You have slowed down the clock speed of said computer so that WC1 will run properly.
425.Whenever you play your version of risk, you always play as the Terran Confedration.
426.When driving in traffic and someone cuts you off, you scream: "Sivar curse you!"
427.When your parents force you to go spend time with your long lost aunt that you could care less about, you say, "I go down for my emporor!" as you leave your room.
428.You join the air force so that you may fly in the space corps.
429.You are dissappointed when said air force says space corps dont exist.

430: You write letters to NASA that they should install lasers on the ISS to be prepared for the Battle of Earth.
431: You call the ISS Earth Defense.
432: You only buy cars with durasteel armor.
433:You tried do autoslide with your motorbike.
434:You survived it and tried it again in hope that it will work next time.

More

435. You only know 3 taunts, and always use the third on people ahead of you on the road.
436. You've customized your new Dodge Caravan with a satilite dish, computer screens, Mark 1 engines... Now where's that map of Potter quadrant when you need it?
437. You know where LOAF lives and are watching him right now.
438. You know where Chris Roberts lives and are watching him right now.
439. You've had plastic surgery to look like a Character in the games...
440... You've convinced you're boyfriend/girlfriend to look and dress like Blair/Rachael/Stiletto/Flint... etc...
441. You've tried to launch yourself into space because you own a Motorcycle helmet, pair of jeans and Sexy Bomber jacket.
442. You actually know who picks up blair after an eject in WC1.
443. You've managed to get a video phone on your dashboard to work.
444. You've got trained cats that say 'another dead ape' when poked.
445. You think this 'Star Wars' is some sort of monster ripoff.
446. You've entered an antiques store and looked at all the scimitars and complained.
447. You've managed to construct a fiberglass replica of a Sabre to put over your car on the freeway.
448. You've got a flat-screen TV labeled 'ICIS' in your living room.
449. You've tried feeding Roaches hot plasma...
450. ...You live in a 1:1 scale replica of the 'Claw.

451.When driving on the freeway, you floor the accelerator to activate your afterburners.
452.You go to the Zoo and speak Kilrathi to the Lions and Tigers
453.You interrogate your neighbors cat because you think he is spying on you
454.You take LOAF's big map of the WCU to Kinko's and have them print out a giant copy of it, and then hang it on your wall.
455. You use said map on wall in simulated war games
456.You have made Audio CD's for every game along with jewel case art for each one (I have done this)
457.When someone cuts you off on the freeway, you yell "Shields Up!"
458. You have enlarged the original WC logo, printed it out, and hung it on your door
459. You know all of the abbreviations for all of the WC games.
460. If you've read this far, URAWCJ

461. You start to believe your parakeet is really a miniaturized member of an intelligent spacefaring race.
462. You form an alliance with said parakeet.
463. When your cat tries to eat your parakeet, you pull out an M-47 and shoot laser bolts at him.
464. You name the male...um, anatomy...Behemoth...never mind...
465. You become paranoid of people playing the piano.
466. You start calling the Nazis 'Black Lance'.
467. You refer to LOAF as Benjamin Who Is Also Known as Bandit.
468. You actually understand number 467.
469. You start believing the Vesuvius can nuke the entire Borg fleet. (Did I do this one yet?)
470. You think said Vesuvius is seven kilometers long.
471. When you saw the Vesuvius nuked in Secret Ops, you were in bed for a week and required hundreds of dollars worth therepy.

Parts stolen and 'edited' from http://www.classicgaming.com/starcontrol/humor/schumor_ykybptmscw2.shtml

Re: More

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
445. You think this 'Star Wars' is some sort of monster ripoff.

That's true, ya know:D

Ya know those Naboo-fighters? They're like... built like.... backwards. Ya know. Wings first, and then a long aft-section. They always reminded me of the Wasp. Anybody agree?

472. You know the French must be screwed up if they'd think a Kilrathi traitor was a great philosopher.
473. You hate Bill Watterson and refuse to read his comic strip because you know he stole the name of one character from WC.

Re: Re: More

Originally posted by Talyn 83

That's true, ya know:D

Ya know those Naboo-fighters? They're like... built like.... backwards. Ya know. Wings first, and then a long aft-section. They always reminded me of the Wasp. Anybody agree?

You know, i never thought of it as a wasp rip off... i must agree on this one. :cool:

Looks like Mr. Lucas is running out of ideas....

Back