Turrets shooting through ship

Crumb

Spaceman
I just got a centurion and the rear turret fires through my ship to the front of me. Is this this fixed already for 1.0 or going to be fixed?

hmm I don't recally that ever happening...what does it look like from the outside view?

I remember I seriously constrained the turrets to only fire in the rear hemisphere... maybe slightly more-- maybe I need to constrain it a bit more

Funny you remember doing that too lol. I already had to cut its range in half (from 180 to 90, apparently the number isn't its total range, but the distance it can go from center). It's prolly cause I only did the Orion..

At any rate, it really shouldn't be doing that. Sometimes when you are turning fast and the turret was pointed at the side, it almost looks like it was firing forward. IE if the turret is firing to your left and you are turning left you can often see its shots..

I was afraid this thread was about the galaxy's top turret firing through a couple of the engines lol. Don't expect a fix for that.. Doable, but would require restricting the range more than I'd like.

I just loaded up the game and tested it again. This time the turret did not shoot through my ship. It was either the turning quick thing or I had a really weird glitch.

It's possible that when you first buy a turret it gets a bit wacky... and then when you reload it becomes fine...I've heard this song before a long time ago...

maybe you can report on it...

It's probably not a bug so serious that we can't just ignore it
Most players will die/reload eventually

I booted up the game sold my turret and bought it again. Picked a fight with a group of retros and turned on the turret ai. Sure enough The turret was shooting through me again. I hopped in the turret and I could turn it a full 360 degrees. If I save and reboot turret works perfect. Itried two different turrets and they both behaved the same.

Thanks for the detailed analysis...I'll see if I can do something about it--if not...at least the problem will fix itself...:)

Back