Tolwyn

Zero

Spaceman
Was Tolwyn ever a good guy towards Blair? because it seems that thy always hated each other. BTW Why isnt there any piece of knoledge about the GE prog. in any other game except WCIV? because it sais that they took blood from Blair too, and it was during the war....

the GE program was a very old program. when Confed was on the osing side, the wanted super-humans to fight the war.
it was canceld years ago. Tolwyn secretly reacivated it.

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

Twister that really doesnt answer my question. I know that already. I asked if there are any clues for it in other games.

Well, his attitude towards Blair has always been shite. Like he said in wc4, "he's aways been a thorn in my side".

------------------
Zohrath.

http://www.starlancer.net - Lancers HQ, the best source for Starlancer and Freelancer news.

yeah after that final mission of WC2

------------------
"Just close your eyes and pretend it's Wing Commander"

I think it has to do with the writers of the story/game (again). Tolwyn makes a semi-appearance in SM1 (on the box cover on the back) and 2, as well as Freedom Flight. His first real appearance is in WC2, where he is distrustful of Blair. However, he's forgivably hateful of Blair, since hardly anyone else seems to trust him. After Blair proves himself at K'tithrak Mang, Tolwyn seems to trust Blair, an almost fatherly figure. ER and FA reinforced this idea with Tolwyn and Bondarevsky. When WC3 came out, we had a new writer of the script who oversimplified many things. This, combined with McDowell as Tolwyn (How could McDowell NOT play an insane guy), turned him into a more three-dimensional character. The WC3 novel suddenly notes this change in character. This set the stage for WC4 and his demise.

Again, with all of the various people who have meddled in the WC field, it's only natural to see these inconsistencies.

Even though Tolwyn said what he said at the end of WCII I highly doubt he meant that. Blair had all the fame that Tolwyn wanted.

------------------
I fight on the side of peace and honor, just like Blair

Tolwyn's relationship with almost everyone in the WC universe is very tipsy. He is constantly flip-flopping his attitude towards people. Only a few characters he seems always partial to (Bondarevsky {like a son}, Vance Richards {until after Behemoth and Beliarius}, and Banbridge) With Blair he seems to think of him as a great warrior with maybe a misguided head?

------------------
"It's not my revolution if I can't dance to it!" - Emma Goldman, Anarchist and Feminist

Tolwyn has always been unstable.

Maybe wearing a cape with your uniform will do that to a man.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

Tolwyn was a great warrior whos decades of war drained the humanity out of him. He needed something to get his reputation back on track and he saw the BL as his only option.

------------------
"I'm putting you back in the cockpit Colonel, where you will be reunited with an old friend, the thrill of battle!"
-Tolwyn to Blair WC IV

I find it ironic that Tolwyn was so averse to the Bellisarius Group's plans, but then in the end the Black Lance was no better than what he hated.

------------------

I think Tolwyn was already screwed up in WC3. He really believed that he was the only one being able to prevent the Kilrathi's final victory. After the destruction of the Behemoth he lost it completely. He must have known about Paladin's project and yet he said that all was lost. If he had been a true hero he would have supported him in any way possible after his failure with the Behemoth.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Nighthawk: According to false colors, Tolwyin didn't knew anything about the temblor bomb project until he saw the attack with it. According to that novel, when he assumed control of the Behemoth project, his first though was to dismantle the thing and start all over, giving it more maneurebility (frosty, spelling?), stronger shields, and make it faster, and that assuming that he didn't just abandon it, because he wasn't confortable with the idea of destroying an entire planet like that, but he made the Behemoth the say it was (incomplete when it was tested) because of the Belisarius Group, and if he had known of the T-bomb project, he would have scrapped the behemoth and throw all his resources into helping Paladin. Won't say no more, read the novel, it's a great piece of WC story.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
LocoMan- you got it almost right, but I think Tolwyn said he did know about the Temblor bomb, but he din't think it could be made in time, so he put every thing he could in the Behemoth.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Page 197. "...So I figured Behemoth was our best possible chance. If I'd known about Paladin's Temblor Bomb project, I would have thrown all my department's resources into backing him."

"If I'd known..." That implies he did not know.

------------------

Is that from False Colors or HOTT, I still think he said that somewhere.

------------------
Uh excuse me Mr.Cat, sir, but would you mind like ceasing fire for a little while so we can barbecue your god-ugly asses? Todd "Maniac" Marshall Wing Commander Pilgrim Stars

Kalkrath, maybe it was for preparation. You know, to keep the fighting juices flowing.
wink.gif

------------------

Well, obviously they didn't kill too many people, but I know what you mean. I suppose if Colonel Blair had not intervened with Tolwyn's plans for the galaxy, he and the Black Lance would have slaughtered exponentially.
frown.gif

------------------

Back