To the PETA...

psych

Destroyer of assclowns
To the PETA . . . suck on this you shitbirds.

peta.JPG

How to confound a PETA kook:

-- When they assail you for eating meat, ask 'em why its OK for ANIMALS (carnivores & ominvores, of course) to eat meat, but it's not OK for people to do so...

-- Then ask 'em if they'd prefer us to do as the animals do, and thus eat fellow humans (The "Hannibal Lecter Conundrum").

::watch their heads explode::

:D

Heh, that's a good sign.

Of course, the main problem I have with PETA is that they don't reflect my ethics :). (Yes, I think if it comes down to eating ourselves, we should do it... after all, other animals do. We don't because we're socially conditioned not to (as many of our other traits, like being 'civilized' even though we more or less rule like the animals - what we do can be boiled down to "eat, sleep, have sex" (or reproduce), like the rest of 'em.)

Of course, is PETA also advocating not spaying/neutering pets, as well? It is unethical to sterilize another human being without their consent... so why is it ethical to do it to our pets?

In a very limited way, Iceblade has a point, and in this case not the one on top of his head.

A minor bit of cropping of that pic wouldn't have been a terrible idea, to trim away the extra stuff around the sign that didn't really contribute to the message (with which I agree; vegetables aren't food, they're what food eats).

Of course, personally, it's not that big a deal to me, as I'm on ADSL and not some crappy 9600 modem like those poor folks in El Salvador who are so horribly deprived by the destruction of games that hadn't seen the light of day for years before being bought up to be destroyed by the CIC crew.

Yeh, I didn't edit the pic so one could see it was Shell, and not some fake prop set up. Then again, the pic isn't mine to begin with.

Preacher said:
-- When they assail you for eating meat, ask 'em why its OK for ANIMALS (carnivores & ominvores, of course) to eat meat, but it's not OK for people to do so...

Because we are omnivores. If an organism cannot survive without meat (a pure carnivore) then there simply is no option. For example you can raise a dog purely vegetarian. A cat dies (you can make it eat vegetarian food, but it still won't survive).

Preacher said:
-- Then ask 'em if they'd prefer us to do as the animals do, and thus eat fellow humans (The "Hannibal Lecter Conundrum").

Very few animals do. Also note that canibalism is dangerous for any organism.

PS: You can annoy most vegetarians far easier... Ask them why they wear leather... (shoes, belts,...)

cff said:
PS: You can annoy most vegetarians far easier... Ask them why they wear leather... (shoes, belts,...)

Most these fanatics like to deal in technical situations that really have nothing to do with anything. One you can sling back at them is how they're all responsible for the destruction of our national dinosaur population by using petrolium based products (fuel, plastics, vasoline, etc). Another is how they're killing millions of trees every time they pass gas. Then there's how hundres of people die of starvation in El Salvador whenever they talk (wasted bio-energy that could be sent to El Salvador to feed the poor/stupid). Finally, every time they take a piss, another whale dies.

All of that is incredibly BS, but they probably wouldn't notice since they're too busy being stupid.

P.S. I forgot the most obvious one too... everytime you masturbate, God kills a kitten. SAVE THE KITTENS!

cff said:
Because we are omnivores. If an organism cannot survive without meat (a pure carnivore) then there simply is no option. For example you can raise a dog purely vegetarian. A cat dies (you can make it eat vegetarian food, but it still won't survive).

Very few animals do. Also note that canibalism is dangerous for any organism.

-- Sure, you can "raise" a dog that way, but in its natural state, it WILL eat meat, if any is available. They are instinctively hunters, as are their cousins, the wolves. Indeed, IIRC that we are the only omnivores who can/do "choose" to eat meat or not. But thanx, tho', for pointing out a way that we can help rid the world of cats :D ...

-- Very few animals "do" what?... I was classing humans here as a higher lifeform than the rest of the animals (not that the PETA types would agree, but so what...). Thus, my point was that the lower animals eat other animals; if we were to do likewise it would be somewhat analogous to cannibalism.

-- Good point; wish I'd thought of it originally... Although I think your point would be equally valid w/ PETA folx, too (not all of whom are necessarily vegetarians).

-- Also, we could challenge 'em about eating eggs, consuming dairy products, hanging bug strips on their patios ("hey, insects are animals too!"), etc. etc. etc....

...btw, what's the diff between a vegetarian & a vegan? IS there any difference?...

Preacher said:
...btw, what's the diff between a vegetarian & a vegan? IS there any difference?...

Vegans don't eat ANY animal products - butter, eggs, cheese, etc. Vegetarians can eat those.

Of course, unless they raise their own grain and fruits and veggies, grow their own flax for cloth, and are completely self-sufficient right down to water and electricity, they're as hypocritical as the meat-eaters like us that are bad for the environment.

<<
The point is, though, that vegans (as in crummy science cookie eating pseudohippies) are ruining a perfectly good word that in all fairness belongs to the science fiction community. Space creatures from Vega are V-eh-ghans, not veeeeeeghans. So, stay the hell away from me and quit mispronouncing the word, jerks. I'll still eat your cookies, though.
>>>

Back