Thrak'hra and Kilrah'hra

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueClaw

Spaceman
In Kilrathi society I understand that there are two main types of Kilrathi, Thrak'hra (the high-born), and Kilrah'hra (the low-born). Are Thrak'hra the only ones that are found in organized clans, or do Kilrah'hra have their own clans? What is a Kilrah'hra's role in Kilrathi society? Are they allowed to join the military, or are they serfs of sort to Thrak'hra lords?

Interesting topic...

The vast majority of Kilrathi are probably Kilrah'hra -- it's basically just the term for commoner (We see it in a bit of a skewed light -- most of the Kilrathi we see speaking are officers and barons and such, so we get the impression that there are more Thrak'hra than there really are).

They are part of clans, but they're subservient to the nobility which run said clans. They seem to lack a modifier in their names -- no 'nar' or 'laq' or 'lan' or such...

Originally posted by BlueClaw
Is it possible for Kilrah'hra to enlist in Imperial armed forces?

Yeah, the average Kilrathi footsoldier -- or the average pilot we fight in the games -- is probably a Kilrah'hra.

Would Kilrathi aces such as the Drakhai or others like Kur, Rakti, etc. be in the Thrak'hra class, or would they have had to work up their way from their lowly Kilrah'hra station?

Originally posted by BlueClaw
Would Kilrathi aces such as the Drakhai or others like Kur, Rakti, etc. be in the Thrak'hra class, or would they have had to work up their way from their lowly Kilrah'hra station?

It depends... some of them were certainly noble, but some of them weren't (Fireclaw in WC3 certainly wasn't a noble... and the requirement for becoming a Drakhai is eight kills, so someone of any class could achieve that...)

Thrakhath DID say he 'didn't like a cousin trying to kill him' sometime in SO1, so I'm assuming with such a close blood-line with Thrak, Hobbes is a Thrak'hra.

He does have a 'nar' in his name...

(And Freedom Flight makes it pretty clear that he's a nobleman).

Originally posted by -<Stiletto>-
Thrakhath DID say he 'didn't like a cousin trying to kill him' sometime in SO1, so I'm assuming with such a close blood-line with Thrak, Hobbes is a Thrak'hra.

IIRC, the quote was something along the lines of, "He's the only cousin who hasn't tried to kill me." Or something like that.
Ironically, he says it mere minutes before running into another ambush by Khasra.

Originally posted by junior
"He's the only cousin who hasn't tried to kill me."
I think it's closer to "He's one of the few relatives who hadn't tried to kill me."

And Hobbes likes to say "Join Sivar, Kilrah'hra" when he scores a kill in WC2, even in SO1, when you fight human pilots. :)

I think Wedge got it right. And he's defiantely a Thrak'ra, he says it in WC2 when he wonders what happened to his family since his defection (strange, doesn't he tell us in FF that all of his family has been killed?),if there are still any doubts that he's one. ;)

I would assume Hobbes referred to only his closest family (father, mother, siblings) in FF. Clearly, his more distant relatives must be alive... because Thrakhath is one of them :).

What was Hobbes' saying when he shot down a capship? I know that he reserved the 'Join Sivar, Kilrah'hra' saying when he downed enemy fighters, but I'm sure I recall a different saying when he managed to torpedo one of two Fralthra's in an SO1 mission. I believe that most Confed pilots in WC2 had different sayings for when they shot down a fighter and a capship.

Sorry, I'm mistaken. 'Join Sivar, Kilrah'hra' was used when he nuked capships. 'Die in dishonour' was used when he shot down fighters.

Anyway, does anybody know what Jazz's specific saying was when he shot down a capship?

Just so nobody starts bitching about getting dead links, I'm letting you know that I took those files down earlier today. It was time for a little FTP spring-cleaning. I'm sure that everyone who wanted them got a copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back