Thoughts on the new nav map

RZetlin

Spaceman
I have to comment on the new nav system. The symbols representing the planets and jump gates look very large and chucky---like playschool shapes.

It was not a wise decision to use white texts on light grey buttons because it makes it impossible to read.

I have to admit the original nav map look much better and more professional.

Yes it works, but it's ugly.

My suggestions:

-Go back to the original grid map and use smaller coloured symbols for the space stations, jump gates and planets.

-Use contrasting colours for the text and buttons so it's more readable. (Eg. black/white)

-Don't crowd up the text. I can't read different name of the planets and space stations when it's selected.

hmm...i think i understand some things now.

honestly, if you think its really awful, feel free to work up a new something for it. the art crew (me and like...two other people) are pretty busy IRL, and have higher priority deals to get done..namely, replacing every ship model in the game with newer higher qaulity models and nicer textures.

'it works'. thats the way it goes, get it working...and then fix it later. in so far as things go, this is a very minor priority on the list of things to fix. but please feel free to do something up, or if you're not so graphically inclined, find a friend who is.

rule of thumb if you serios about some thing be prepared to do it other wise stateing it is cool, just don't expect any thing----I didn't re the boarding thread.

As far as crowding - I'm guessing zooming in or out (roll the mouse wheel) will fix that right up.

RZetlin said:
Yes it works, but it's ugly.

There was a Volkwagon ad back in 1969 that had a Beetle next to the Lunar Excursion Module. The caption said, "It may be ugly, but it gets you there."

Back