There have been no posts in the last 2 days in this forum.

Andropolos

Spaceman
Well, there seems to be something amiss here...

Possibly THE most pretty sci-fi sim in developpement (I don't think I have EVER seen prettier textures)... and no one aboard (on the forums I mean?)

No, nope and my native OXI.

Since it Is my first post on all of CIC zones, and since I am also a Greek and played WC since WC 1 (the memories...), well... it only seemed right that I took the name of the original Captain who found out about the Kilrathi, (and whose name is VERY GREEK), let me tell you again.

I am sure you knew about that, but I didn't believe it that the nick would not be taken. Seems I got lucky.

so, without further ado...
Thanks and more humble thanks to the people making STANDOFF, and first of all to the indomitable EDER whose graphics and textures are a sight for sore eyes indeed.

I must also commend Eder for sharing his ships with others as well. As I am also a part of the Freespace2 community, I know first handed that he has given his models for the WC mod in there too!

AND FINALLY, put your hands togehter for Eder!!!!

:) You finally registered! Dont worry about Standoff.If you remeber ,before the release of UE ,there was not so much Threads in the UE section too.

Anyway ,there is nothing to talk about here.....until Standoff is released,or something.

Welcome to the WC (not toilet:p) Forums Kosta !

P.S. Êñßìá ðïõ äåí ìðïñïýìå íá ìéëÜìå ÅëëçíéêÜ åäþ !!

Originally posted by Andropolos
Possibly THE most pretty sci-fi sim in developpement (I don't think I have EVER seen prettier textures)...
Thank you. Apparently, my texturing style is popular in Greece... right, TCSTigersClaw? ;)

Since it Is my first post on all of CIC zones, and since I am also a Greek and played WC since WC 1 (the memories...), well... it only seemed right that I took the name of the original Captain who found out about the Kilrathi, (and whose name is VERY GREEK), let me tell you again.
Welcome to the Chat Zone... uh... welcome to the Forums, I mean! :p

I must also commend Eder for sharing his ships with others as well. As I am also a part of the Freespace2 community, I know first handed that he has given his models for the WC mod in there too!
Yeah, I'm cool with sharing my models with other projects... as long as they're not my own creations, like the Hakaga, the Tarawa, or the... uh, nevermind... and as long as the other projects come up with their own textures.

AND FINALLY, put your hands togehter for Eder!!!!

*silence*

Well, seriously, thanks, I'm glad you like our work. :) As of a couple of weeks ago, though, there's more people than just me on the team (and am I glad for that... being a one-man mod team can be tough at times!) and they deserve as much praise for Standoff as I do (Hell, even people who aren't in the team deserve credit for Standoff - HCl, Obee, etc...)

--Eder

Well,Greece loves Standoff !Its my fav too.I ve said that before!

You see ?My pal ,wanted his first post to be in the Standoff section :D :D

After the release,come here Eder for autographs! I ll prepare a fan club for ya :p

Yeah, not a bad idea ;) Greece always sounded like a tempting place to me... the mediterranean climate, the islands and beaches... :cool:

--Eder

Seems I posted again on the same subject.

(edited because even if I do know english I cant seem to find the apostrophe in this keyboard.) Internet Cafes may be quick but they do take a lot of geting used to the quirks of every machine.

Eder,

You said that your texturing style is probably popular in Greece.

Well, it is popular with everyone that has two eyes and is using them. :)

I actually tried to post and in the older forum that you had, in the German site, ( to say the same thing) but unluckily it just never let me.

Even though Germans are possibly the greatest fans of Wing Commander, I feel that moving Standoff to CIC is the best thing because when everyone thinks of Wing Commander he is coming here.

Good luck with the excellent work.

Re: Seems I posted again on the same subject.

Even though Germans are possibly the greatest fans of Wing Commander...

Very true. The nicest thing I've learned about Germany while my site was hosted by the Wingcenter is that all germans seem to be WC fans :)

--Eder

Not all...

but almost all ;)...

I think, that's the reason for translating SO in german...

Well I can't add anything to what Andropolos said. I think, this will be the best looking SO Mod. And I think you'll be able to do more with a modern engine. You got the talent, man ;).

And our forums: Huh? I never noticed that. Well, now we have other forums, so I think, that this problem is outdated. But now we haven't got the Standoff Forums anymore... *cries* ;).

Just to make this thread worthy

I know it´s too soon, but is there already a projected release month for Standoff?

The present release date estimate is "not before carnival"... ask again in two weeks :p

Seriously, though, the Prologue should be out soon enough. I'm confident that all the coding and graphics stuff needed for this part can be completed in another 2 or 3 months... the only problem are the voiceovers and FMVs.

I'm trying to learn some more animation techniques so I can make all the comm videos myself (Corsair seems to have disappeared), but it'd be kinda boring if almost all the characters had my voice :) So any delay will most likely result from the voiceovers, since they unfortunately don't depend only on the core members of the team.

The main campaign is a different matter altogether. I won't even think about giving an estimate release date right now. Apart from all of the material which we'll have already completed for the Prologue, it will still need about another dozen ships, 20-something missions, more music, and... a LOT more voiceovers.

--Eder

Back