The Wing(com)man(der 3) Experience

Max Gene

Spaceman
I've heard it said in a certain guide that you should take various pilots with you in WC3 and spread it out, as doing so gets them experienced and makes them better fliers, or something. I've also heard that flying with them increases morale, and higher morale means better flying, which sounds a bit more likely (flying 5 combat missions with Blair shouldn't give anyone but Flash anything new to think about).

So, do people actually gain "experience" in this fashion, or should I just fly with Hobbes do my heart's content? And no, I don't want to hear about how you feel X wingman is perfectly good or on how they're all crap... this is all I really want to know about them.

It's not exactly 'experience' as they can lose morale points. So for example certain dialogue choices in some FMV scenes will give you plus or minus morale points. This is also affected by being on the losing path and or not flying with someone.

It's pretty hard to get someone to have really awful flying morale though. But if they do they even have a different set of comms to reflect their sour outlook.

It's pretty hard to get someone to have really awful flying morale though. But if they do they even have a different set of comms to reflect their sour outlook.

Except Flint. She always has awful morale in rescue Flint mission in Locanda, and if you went for Rachel, but didn't talk to Flint in the elevator she'll fly on your wing, but will have lowest possible morale

Well, that answers that question, and gives me a new one: do ALL of the characters get alternate comms- even Hobbes- and if so, are they extracted somewhere, or is there an ideal sequence to get EVERYONE down to the lowest in one game?

All WC3 comms: http://outlander.solsector.net/vid_files/WC3%20PSX%20audio%20Pack.zip

You will note that I left the original file names. Each pilot comm sarts with IF and then two letters representing the pilot's callsign (so flash is fh and cobra is cb). There are then two more letters representing which comm it is (not sure about what the naming convention on that is) and then it ends in either 0 or 1. 0 is the positive morale message and 1 is the negative.

So for example:
iffhab0 is flash saying: "Maybe you're into suicide Colonel, but I'm turning back"
iffhab1 is the negative version: "You Bastard! You're going to get me killed. I'm pulling out."

Back