The Star Wars Legacy

Quarto, you forgot the dozen or so supermunchkin weapons that can destroy entire star systems, or even galaxies. :p

Except for the movies and the Zahn books (particularly the Heir to the Empire series)... bleh.

Basically, in NJO the New Republic died and was reborn as the Galactic Alliance. The Galactic Alliance went back to war with the Sith, who had joined with the Empire. When the GA was defeated the Empire and the Sith had a falling out. So there's a three sided war going on: Empire VS GA Resistance, Empire VS Sith, and Sith VS GA Resistance. At the start of the war around half the current Jedi Order were exterminated, so they're pretty much in hiding ala Jedi Purge/Order 66 style. Thrust into all of this is Cade Skywalker trying to get by (sometimes) and save the galaxy (sometimes)..

At the risk of sounding like a Legacy fanboy, I believe some of what you've said is inaccurate. Is there any evidence of a GA resistance movement other than the Jedi? It seems the jedi are more willing to side with the Imperials than the Sith Empire. Also, the "Original" Empire did not want the Jedi slaughtered. From what I gathered, the orders were to leave the Jedi temples alone as long as they didnt interfere in the takeover. An order, the sith knowingly disobeyed.

Just let me finish up on theplebe's original comment on the continual conflict in the SW Universe: They don't call it Star Harmony for a reason.

Its not called Star Constant slaughter either!

I'm not sure which KOTOR series you're reading - their are two - so I'd have a hard time summing up the situation there. From the 'doom' comment I'd guess it's probably the TOJ (Tales of the Jedi) series, but I admitedly haven't read the newer KOTOR comics so I'd be unable to tell you what they are about except what I know from various reviews and discussion threads I've kept up with on the Internet.

I'm reading the newest comics, as they come out. I assumed I'd pick up on the setting and be able to follow it after a time... but that hasn't happened yet.

That sums up how I feel perfectly. Well said! :) What's the point if nothing is, in fact, ever really resolved?

Thank you, that is what I've been trying to say all along!

Seriously, what is stopping Lucas from starting on another series? Like a new movie, perhaps another sci fi series, or perhaps something completely for people to love! Why kill off the great one?

At the risk of sounding like a Legacy fanboy, I believe some of what you've said is inaccurate. Is there any evidence of a GA resistance movement other than the Jedi?

Yes there is! There is in fact a GA Admiral whose leading the GA Resistance movement. A major story arc of the comic has been his attempts to ally himself with the 'Imperial' forces to strike at the Sith. There were several comics dealing with his attempts to sieze a ship from the Mon Calamari ship yards that even Featured Rogue Squadron in them!

It seems the jedi are more willing to side with the Imperials than the Sith Empire. Also, the "Original" Empire did not want the Jedi slaughtered. From what I gathered, the orders were to leave the Jedi temples alone as long as they didnt interfere in the takeover. An order, the sith knowingly disobeyed.

Only in so far as they have a common enemy. The Jedi are still blaming the Empire (at least partially) for the attempts to overwhelm the Jedi Order. And there is some evidence only now coming to light that says the Imperials may not be as innocent in the matter as they appear...

Well I'll admit I'm not 100% up to date, I buy them in the Graphic novel form as they come out. But its the only series I'll follow now...

Does the two KOTOR series actually have anything to do with the characters from the games!?

<said in a deep, menacing, late night drama announcer voice type>

"Previously, on Lost..."

:D

Well I'll admit I'm not 100% up to date, I buy them in the Graphic novel form as they come out. But its the only series I'll follow now...

Does the two KOTOR series actually have anything to do with the characters from the games!?

I believe Carth has a minor role in the series, having not read more I can't tell you about any of the others.

Back