The Price of Freedom is Eternal Publicity (October 20, 2010)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
If you enjoyed our recent Planet Hollywood pictures then you may find these additional 'celebrity' pictures from Wing Commander IV's 1996 launch promotion of interest. In the first Mark Hamill appears on a radio show to discuss the game and in the second Hamill and Chris Roberts sign copies of Wing Commander IV. I wonder what the white sheet with the Black Lance logo on their table is.

--
Original update published on October 20, 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the first time that I heard that Wing Commander IV existed was when Mark Hamill went on QVC to promote his work.

Somewhere on a cassette tape I cannot find, I have Mark Hamill talking to the Z100 Morning Crew about working on WC4. Its actually a really funny bit, lasting probably 35 minutes without commercial cuts or music.

Now that you said that - I know that it is.

The host (Elvis Durran - might be remembered as the radio host Jetemy Irons calls in the bomb threat to in Die Hard 3) comments on Mark's shirt. "Yeah, looks great on radio, huh" Mark replied.

Also something about the shirt being blue or cornflower blue - and Hamill whines and says ge sounds like his wife.

I totally have a copy of Wing Commander 4 signed by Malcolm McDowell. But obviously having these two guys sign it would've beaten that in the end. Video games!

Back