The price for each retail Wing Commander 4!

....where did you get that info ? Well I dont think so....Maybe it was a collector`s edition or something like origin did with Wc3..but I think that there was never a wc4 special edition or something....

No, that's not true. Wing Commander 4 retailed for around $50 in stores -- heck, you could even order it for that price from EA (in the past, games ordered directly from companies had some crazy pricetag -- on the order of $79.99... but that'd changed by WC4).

Originally posted by TopGun
That's mad, I would never pay more that £50 for a single game

Well. i never regret that.

I regret when i paid 120 U$S for that spanish Privateer 2 :(

Originally posted by TopGun
That's mad, I would never pay more that £50 for a single game

If you really want it, you would. I paid $85.00 for my Kilrathi Saga, and a few months later it was going for $200.00+.

I paid $50.00 for that stupid Prophecy SO disk.:mad:

I paid $100.00 for an old VHS version of The Final Countdown, and then a month later they come out with a DVD version for $30.00.:mad: :mad:

That's the way it goes, sometimes.

I spent nearly $250 for my copy of the Kilrathi saga-- had no credit card back then and it was the first auction on german ebay in over 2 years. Haven't seen another one on German ebay since then either. It was Christmas back then.. so I got a nice present for myself :p

Originally posted by Karthik@KANE
Is it true that one copy of WC4 back in 1995(when it was first released) was US$100?!:eek:
Who cares? The salient question is "How little can I pick WC4 up for NOW?...

(I paid $20 for my copy about 3-4 yrs ago)

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
....where did you get that info ? Well I dont think so....Maybe it was a collector`s edition or something like origin did with Wc3..but I think that there was never a wc4 special edition or something....

No series to date has managed to capture such a Hollywood feel and successfully combine it with such quality action. From moment one, Wing Commander 3 wowed us (and tons of other gamers) with its cinematic style. We expect Wing Commander 4 to do the same... We're also excited by the enhanced game engine, which will allow you more freedom in the heat of battle and give your wingmen more responsibility. $99.95 Origin

Right there! May 2nd news update. :)

I paid around $110 dollars for a Premiere Edition WC3. The cool thing was I bought it directly from Origin about four or five years after the game originally came out.:cool:

It's kinda weird you know! Command & Conquer(the first one) still can be found in stores but WC4....only can be found in auction sites!

The prices I paid for my WC Stuff are:

Wing Commander I (3 3/4 DOS Disk): £1.25
Wing Commander II: Vengence if the Kilrathi:
(3 3/4 DOS Disk): £1.25
(Deluxe CD-ROM): £5 (Brand New)
Wing Commander III: The Heart of the Tiger (Playstation): £10
Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom (Playstation): £10
Wing Commander: Prophecy: £5 (Brand New):
Wing Commander Movie: £7.99 (Ex Rental)

Originally posted by TC
They've re-released C&C 7 billion times... It's not really that weird.

And the series sells much better. Total game units sold is over 20 million for C&C, compared to half that for WC (both astronomical numbers however).

Originally posted by Karthik@KANE
Is it true that one copy of WC4 back in 1995(when it was first released) was US$100?!:eek:

Possible of it was some special edition. I bough my standard one for about $70, which was anout the normal price of PC games back then in Austria. Today they are a bit cheaper ($45-50 or so), but in many cases it is actually cheaper to import (at least as long as the EURO stays that high as it is right now). Plus you get the English version and not some translated garbage.

Back