the movie is ace :)

hicks

Spaceman
Im not a hardcore fan of WC but im still a fan, and after seeing the movie just a few hours ago (on video) i think its one of the coolest space movies ever (yes its just as good as TREK, WARS, B5 and anything else). I've heard many people criticise the film for changing many aspects of the WC universe, but in all truth the changes made to the game's universe modernised the whole look and feel of the film compared to its game counterparts. The overall effect is like one of those classic submarine movies except with far more action and excitement. WC is a CLASSIC movie.

I have a few questions, though :

1) I have one of them DVD players (yes, the days of videos are quickly nearing their end) and I was wondering does anyone know if the Wing Commander movie will be released in Australia on DVD? If so im gonna run out to the shop and pick it up immediately!

2) Is there going to be another WC film? PPPPLLLLLLEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE? I sure hope so because the first one was great.

3) Are there gonna be any more WC games? I think number five left things kinda open ended. Is this the end of the conflict with the k'nathrak or just the beginning? I suspect the latter, but until the next WC game we wont know for sure....

go BLAIR! i know he didnt really die. maybe theyll bring him back one day - ahhh who am i kidding, hes a gonner
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
hicks said:

2) Is there going to be another WC film? PPPPLLLLLLEEEAAAAASSSSSEEEEEE? I sure hope so because the first one was great.

3) Are there gonna be any more WC games? I think number five left things kinda open ended. Is this the end of the conflict with the k'nathrak or just the beginning? I suspect the latter, but until the next WC game we wont know for sure....

no new movie but you can up pick the sequel novels..and about a new WC game.....
frown.gif

No second movie, no more games, and no more Blair
smile.gif

Oh, and I haven't found the DVD in Australia either, so presumably the only way to get it around here is to order it online. Go to the CIC's Where to Buy section.

I'm glad you liked the movie - personally, I also thought it was much better than most of the other sf movies out there. It was great to see spaceships portrayed as rusty pieces of junk, for once
smile.gif

I liked the movie aswell, both as a SF movie and a WC movie (too bad it never came to the theaters here
frown.gif
thank god for my DVD
biggrin.gif
), but I can't say that I accept it as the same WC I know. What I mean is that I concider it to be more of a "what if" to the universe of WC.

Well, I accept it as part of the overall WC pantheon, but there are some definite what-ifs in there. ie. Bossman and Knight dying.

But, as I said in another thread, I don't want to get into that same old argument
wink.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

yes, the days of videos are quickly nearing their end

<Simpsons sidecharacter routine>Oh my God my whole video collection is gonna be useless! *jumps through window* </Simpsons sidecharacter routine>

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

No, no! You'll still have a VCR, it won't be useless.

Uh, I'm expecting you to jump back in from the shattered window.
smile.gif

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Dralthi5 said:
No, no! You'll still have a VCR, it won't be useless.

Uh, I'm expecting you to jump back in from the shattered window.
smile.gif

Yes, hang on to them.
cool.gif

<Homer Simpson>Woohoo!</Homer Simpson>

I knew that of course. I'm just scared that I won't be able to copy all the movies on my tapes to dvds (but that's what tv cards are for, although a vcr/dvd combo would be convenient for the 1st couple of years.)

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

Back