The moments when you were disappointed

Stryker

Spaceman
In the plots of all the WC games, was there anywere were anyone else was disapointed?
My biggest one personally was when you find out Hobbes is a spy just when he became my favorite wingman.

For me i was dissapointed in WC3 when u couldn't date flint and racheal at the same time and play them of against each other. :D

Probably when Angel was killed and I couldn't do a thing about it.
But then, destroying Kilrah kinda cheered me up a bit:)

I was disappointed when I found out that Admiral Tolwyn was behind all the Border disputes and the Black Lance forces in WCIV. Admiral Tolwyn was always my favorite character, more so than even Blair. I was heartbroken. By the way Knathrak, the prophecy'e name is spelled "Kn'Thrak".

Originally posted by Knathrak
For me i was dissapointed in WC3 when u couldn't date flint and racheal at the same time and play them of against each other. :D

Yeah to bad. A hole new twist on WC saga :cool:

Yeah there could even be a new game in it "Wing Commander : the slut chronichals" u could try and get as many chics as posibble in your rapier.

The Tolwyn thing I saw coming; my main disappointment with that was that he was never as noble in the games as he was portrayed in Forstchen's novels. The Hobbes thing just pissed me off. I thought it was the cheap and easy way out, especially when they spent ALL that time developing his backstory as a Ghorah Khar sympathizer and a loyal friend in WC2 and the two WC2 add-ons.

Originally posted by aclove
The Tolwyn thing I saw coming; my main disappointment with that was that he was never as noble in the games as he was portrayed in Forstchen's novels. The Hobbes thing just pissed me off. I thought it was the cheap and easy way out, especially when they spent ALL that time developing his backstory as a Ghorah Khar sympathizer and a loyal friend in WC2 and the two WC2 add-ons.

I totally agree, Its like they worked hard on Hobbes and on WC3 they just gave up and through him to the sharks so to speek. I sorta saw the Tolwyn thing too. Especally in WC3 when Blair and the communications officer (cant remmeber the name, anyoying guy with red hair :) ) talked about the secret communication messages and Blair said that Tolwyn was up to somthing. I felt the same way and sooner or later he would do somthing like he did.

This might be getting a little off-topic, but I work with a guy who's just like Rollins (the aforementioned annoying communications guy from the Victory). Skinny, red hair, freckles, lame sense of humor, always talking about people when they're not around. Oh, and big teeth. If he had a callsign, it'd be Chompers. I hate that guy.

This might be getting a little off-topic, but I work with a guy who's just like Rollins (the aforementioned annoying communications guy from the Victory). Skinny, red hair, freckles, lame sense of humor, always talking about people when they're not around. Oh, and big teeth. If he had a callsign, it'd be Chompers. I hate that guy.

LMAO hehe Chompers I like that...puts fear in there eniemes hearts dosent it :p

Only if his enemies fear lame jokes and extremely played-out soft-core rap music.

Eww Rap -gags-

I thought of another moment that I was disapointed. When you beat Jazz and he ejects and you line your sighs on him and can't fire! God first time I was playing WC2 and that movie played you should of saw me hiting the fire trigger on my joystick like a mad man.

I'm always depressed when Privateer ends.. Because it doesn't really.. The universe just gets really lonely.

Originally posted by ChrisReid
I'm always depressed when Privateer ends.. Because it doesn't really.. The universe just gets really lonely.

Yep just you and all the missions that are totally easy after youve turned your ship into the best after all the improvments plus a steltek gun. Talk about your challanges after the main plot that make you wanna keep playing.

The most disappointing thing for me was that my realization that I love Wing Commander games came after the time long ago spent playing Privateer for hours on end. Now I only wish I could go back to a time when I had a PC that would run Privateer. I mean, I can play it now, but I fly with a keyboard and listen to the sweet sounds of nothing as I fly due to the stupid Sound Blaster Live card. To quote South Park: "Rabble rabble rabble"

yeah... it was sad in a way when priv ended... Don't you all wish you could wipe your memory? go back and play priv again then wipe rinse wash repeat etc? damn those games were good...

Back