The Mace

F

FireFly

It doesn't seem to work in the same way as in WC2

ive been practising on the Firekka and all it does is take out engines

can it not penetrate shields

it also seems that it cant take out whole fleets

The Mace does penetrate shields, you can take out any capship component if you fire the Mace directly at it. However it does not automatically destroy all the other components of that ship.

It's not quite like the WC2 Mace (more like the WC4 version maybe), but the fleet-wiping Mace is too unbalanced to make for fun missions and would require us to find a way around some engine limitations (like destroying multiple components on the same ship when a missile hits one of them - this isn't something WCP missiles can do).

i ceeeeeee

so they're pretty much ship killers are they not?

btw how do i change my folders so that it reloads my original save files

ive jus reinstalled the game and hve stil got my save files

When I use the Morningstar in the Sim I often use the Mace to down incoming waves of fighters. If I am going to use it on a capship I try to time it (try being the very operative word) so that some fighters may get caught in the blast as well.

When I use the Morningstar in the Sim I often use the Mace to down incoming waves of fighters. If I am going to use it on a capship I try to time it (try being the very operative word) so that some fighters may get caught in the blast as well.

Same here, there is nothing cooler then having a huge shockwave take down an entire wing of fighters... if you can execute it properly, its not always easy to do as you need to time it right. As i recall, it was even worse in wc2 because if you detonated it too close to you, your ship went up in flames as well.

Ditto. If I'm flying the Morningstar in the gauntlet, I usually save the Mace for one of the last waves before rearming. I aim it just a shade away from the incoming enemy wave, and let go at about 12,000 meters. I usually get three quick kills; one time I got five.

Back