"The Jalthi's big guns"

Andropolos

Spaceman
Jalthi, Krant and what's its name... :) (sorry not really good with Terran names)

What can I say that the pictures in the archive can't? Nothing really.

Excellent job Eder. I know you have a lot on your hands right now, but ALL the WC2 ships deserve to be treated like the Jalthi,

that is

be EderiZED

Once you have some time available (before or after finishing off Standoff) and feel like doing something... please finish off all the WC2 ships. Because if the models exist the game can too ... :)

Great job as always.

It appears to me that you used another color sheme for them, the appear to be more greyish than the H'hriss for example, or is it just the lighting?

It's definitely the lighting. The Jalthi picture was taken from a really bad angle (too damn dark, between the sector's two lights), but I took it in a hurry late at night cause I didn't want to delay the update until this afternoon (just got home) :D

The Hhriss shots were taken in the best sector (just some generic sector) for Kilrathi ship textures, since it's reddish... you may notice that the Gratha and Drakhri also look kinda gray-ish like the Jalthi does (that's the lighting for the Prologue's first missions, Nexus system). The Krant screenshots were taken into another generic sector, with green-ish lighting, so it seems more green/yellow than the other ships as well.

For comparison with the Hhriss, the Hermes and Gilgamesh shots were also taken in the same sector, that's why they're redder than they actually are.

:rolleyes: I dont want to be a jerk right now....but I think that the new models are worse in quality/textures (with a few exceptions -Hriss for example-) than the older ones...Maybe its my imaginaton...but Ill be frank I didnt like the new Kilrathi Fighters :( .Anyway who cares,everyone else loved them ;)

Hey, salonikie!

NO, you 're not being an asshole. It is just that Eder has sold his video card and is using the one that exists on his motherboard. He has told that before. I am certain that when/once we see those models on our own systems, things will be A LOT different.

ANYTHING onboard SUCKS BIGTIME!

TCSTigersClaw said:
:rolleyes: I dont want to be a jerk right now....but I think that the new models are worse in quality/textures (with a few exceptions -Hriss for example-) than the older ones...Maybe its my imaginaton...but Ill be frank I didnt like the new Kilrathi Fighters :( .Anyway who cares,everyone else loved them ;)

As Eder stated before, it's the lighting. The kilrathi ships do not look too good in certain light colors. Maybe he should post a few screenies from the new cat figthers that are taken in a sector with red lighting, you know, just to please your tortured soul... :p

The last few screenshots were all taken in the same sector, and I know the Kilrathi ships don't look too good in there. The Krant screenshots were taken by Quarto - so they're on a different sector and on a different computer (because my video card messes up the Krant's textures :() - but that sector has greenish lights, so it doesn't help much either :p

Come to think of it, the first screenshots I've taken on that last used sector were the Talon and the Gratha... and IIRC that was the first time people started telling me the new ships didn't look as good as the first ones. Let's hope it's really just the lighting.

Hmmm. Hey, TCSTigersClaw, I'd be interested to know what you think of the Clydesdale. Since that is not a Kilrathi ship, it should (at least in theory) look as good as the previous Confed ships... if you think that one looks bad, I'm afraid I can't blame it on the lighting ;) (it doesn't have any parts that got messed up by my video card, either).

Hey, Clydesdale is one of the exceptions along with Sartha,Hhriss,Gothri and ....mmm the SWC Jalthi -whats its name- :p .It looks really good...Drakhri looks ok too.

I think the problem with the new Kilrathi models is that they are....hmmm I cant really explain that in English.They are not silk...you ve made the guns very big and fat :p .UE`s Gratha for example is Ok,standoff`s...hm.... :(

EDIT: Hey I just looked the Lexington ! Man.....thatsssssssss great...it really looks Wc2issss :p .Hey where are my Hellcats ? :D

I know I know......thats a shame to you and your project ! :p

Anyway ,hey ! I always believed that the glowing blue intakes at Wc3/Wc4/WcP ships are something new,something they made after the BOT.Well in my own fiction at least :p .I thought they upgraded TCS Victory to have these intakes just like the new Cruisers (Tallahassee) and Destroyers of Wc3 had...

In Wc2 some Kilrathi CapShips have intakes...Ralatha for example,glowing Green/Yellow intakes..... anyway.... :cool:

Well, I've added those blue intakes to the Tarawa-like CVEs as well :) That's also why I've added a big exposed hull along the sides of that carrier: those were my attempts to make something from the WC2 period look a bit like something from WC3/4 (since the Victory and Lexington also had this exposed hull) - and now, with the Lexington, I've tried to make something from the WC3/4 period look a bit more like something from WC2.

I hope that these actions make the differences between the styles of the ships seem smaller than they were in the original games. I'd love to try and make a WC2-style Thunderbolt or something, to approach the two styles even more, but I think that would be too hard for me ;)

Excellent ! I thought these glowing things at the TARAWA were guns or something :D

It makes sense....maybe they started upgrading the capships with the new intakes before the BOT during the "peace" ....yeah !

Hm...I do not agree with the Thunderbolt.....cause it didnt exist during that period....right ? It was the newest ship in Wc3 before the Excalibur.....

TCSTigersClaw said:
Hm...I do not agree with the Thunderbolt.....cause it didnt exist during that period....right ? It was a newest ship in Wc3 before the Excalibur.....
I don't know, I'm not really that interested in WC3, so I don't know much about the ships in there... it was just an example :p I meant to say that I'd like to do with a fighter the same I did with the Lexington, but it'd be harder...

The Hellcat ! The Hellcat ! OK seriusly :p The Thunderbolt entered service I think at about 2669...its a very new ship...you cant put it there....hmmm...maybe you can!You can mark it YF-(I dont remeber the number :p- .Maybe Confed used some for testing back in 2668...

Else the only ships you can use is the Arrow or LongBow...well there is always my precious Hellcat too :p

I think I'll stick with the Hornet and the Wraith, thank you :D
Seriously, there are enough Confed ships. Any future extra ships to be added will probably be Kilrathi ships (Grikath, Jalkehi, Dralthi, Salthi, Jrathek).

Wow ! My pretty Hornet ! I agree....I like the Hellcat but to be honest I would prefer to see the old Hornet in full 3D and fly with it !I always liked your Hornet Model I still got some pics.

TCSTigersClaw said:
Hm...I do not agree with the Thunderbolt.....cause it didnt exist during that period....right ? It was the newest ship in Wc3 before the Excalibur.....
Nope - oh, irony, the Hellcat was :p. The Thunderbolt was actually the oldest (except maybe for the Arrow, which has no known designation):

F-66 Thunderbolt
F/A-76 Longbow
F-86 Hellcat

Not that this would matter, since the way things stand right now, the Morningstar is the F-95, implying that even the Hellcat has been invented.

Back