The Enemy in WC

I figure I'll play it, either way. As I said above, it is Wing Commander.

------------------
Doing the bull dance. Feeling the flow.

Um, Nighthawk, have you even played WC1
smile.gif
There was very little character development for the amount of missions. You didn't know ol' Bluehair that will until WC2. Give Casey a chance
smile.gif

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder why some people didn't like Casey? What was wrong with him, other than the fact that he was probably a little soused from all of the alcohol consumption going on in the Midway's rec room.

------------------

Probably because the character profile of Casey was a little... 'overboard' :p

------------------
Member of BlackLance HQ

"To take one step forward, you must look back three steps... and walk forward while looking back... "

He sounded too much of a hotshot...

I'd play POL, if only OSI and EA gave a better service, and put a server in my country, but that's not likely.

------------------
"This matter winds itself ever in new riddles.", Faramir - The Lord of The Rings

Now that I think about it, it is kind of ironic that we are talking about Lance Casey in a thread titled The Enemey in WC

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

Modesty-- a good trait for a hero to have.

" Hawk's about ready to knock your teeth in if you don't drop the 'I'm an ace' attitude!"

See what I mean.
smile.gif

------------------

Good point, TC.
smile.gif

------------------

A multi player game is a multi player game, forget the cash for a moment: have you ever seen a sucesfull online combat sim? i've never seen a just online flight sim PERIOD. if origin does make an online flight sim that is just online, and worth bying there is gona hafta be some sort of overall mission asignments, no one would stay to just play melee after melee after melee, it gets repetive and you lose intrest. to sucesfully launch a game with mission base at all would require massive amount of resources, mutch more then i think origin is even capable, much less willing to spend. other then pol i think wc is out of the picture for a while until everyone has internet acess that can send and recieve at the same time, a modem can't and it causes lots of lag. no a good online wc space combat sim is a long ways off and in the mean time origin will keep making crap games like UO <an if you like it there is something wrong with you everquest is better the uo and it sux too>

There have been online only flight sims... (I've played one, I just can't remember the name) and it was quite good actually.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

TC: Did you just mention WC1? Hmm...never heard of it. Is it any good?
smile.gif
smile.gif

Well, for WC1 there could be an explanation for the lack of character definition and storyline. I don't know if OSI initially planned a sequel to it. Perhaps they were surprised by the success of WC1 and decided to do WC2. So they had to bring up some kind of lead character and story in case of further success.
But for WCP there is no excuse. OSI did have enough experience in WC games when they started doing it.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

They didn´t have to do that. In freespace2 you play someone else.

------------------
The time is near.
There are 354 days remaining.

-Are you nuts? You´re shooting at real living people!
*It´s...um...on stun.
-A 30mm Vulcan canon with a stun setting?
*It could happen...

Genn to Brianna, Golddigger vol.2 nr.6

[This message has been edited by No Regret (edited January 11, 2000).]

No Regret, could you please cut down the size of your .sig . The whole point of the sig is to let people know about you or to put one (at the max two) quotes. A sig shouldn't be more than 2 or three lines long (though 1 is perferable)

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ

While I agree NR's sig is a bit longish (I'm of the opinion that 4 lines is the longest a sig should be, in general; short 1 line posts, however, should have a minimized sig, or none at all), was that something that couldn't have been handled in private e-mail? He does allow people to send to the address he registered with, after all...

As for successful on-line combat sims, how about Air Warrior, a WW2 combat flight sim? Been going on for years, and just keeps growing. It's not the MMP of Ultima Online, but it does have a devoted fan base, and engagements that can almost literally fill the skies with player-flown aircraft.

------------------
SubCrid Death
Official Net.Nazi, LOAF's Merry Guild

Back