The Demi-Centurion of the Priv Art Sketches

SpaceDrake

Rear Admiral
Following Kris' request, I've been sucking away at WCNews' bandwidth faithfully, and I came across something in the Priv ship sketches that interested me. On page 8, there's something that looks like a Centurion without wings. At first I merely assumed it was an embryotic version of the Cent before they made it more "traditional", but on page 14 there's a cockpit sketch that isn't in the game marked "Speedster II". The windows on this cockpit sort of match up to the demi-Centurion. Could it be that the page 8 ship was originally meant to be the Light Fighter choice for ship purchases? Is it the ship that eventually became the Demon? (Speed Demon?) Interesting possibilities, and you have to wonder why a Light Fighter was dropped and the Centurion was made as good as it is.

EDIT: Ack, LOAF or someone, gimme some help on the title :/

IF you look into the news archive you will find it's a ship that was cut from the privateer design...it was to be the 5th flyable player ship. It rather resembles a piece of pie...

That's exactly the one I'm talking about. I'm just wondering aloud if 1) the cockpit on page 14 of the ship art sketches is supposed to be that ship's cockpit and 2) whether or not that ship eventually became the Demon, statwise (since it is seemingly a "speedster".)

Back