The Coolest Stickers Ever

McGruff

Banned
Though only folks here in California will know what the heck they are, I'm hoping a few people here will appreciate them.

Of course ol' McGruff will give a free one to any established Wingnut who wants one - just do the checkout and let me know your CIC name. All I ask is that you forward the link to any musclecar guys or anyone else who you think would like them.

Personally I don't know which is better - the thumbs up from people in real cars, or the dirty looks from Prius drivers. :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280078862361

Oh yes these are great! already put an order in for em!! cant wait to slap em on the fish and my fathers gonna put one on his el camino!

Why are people so opposed to incentives for driving cleaner cars? Hybrids should and will become the norm if we are to do anything about Global warming. Don't piss on other people because they actually do something about the problem. Fine if you like your muscle car, but don't be an asshole about it.
These little dandies are probably going to piss off your neighborhood hybrid owner and inform those powers that be that their plan to remove testicles in this state has (at least for now) failed.
real cars
Yes, because REAL MEN drive huge SUV's that use ridiculous amounts of gas and simultaneously piss on the Kyoto Treaty.

Kyoto treaty (which doesn't apply in any practical matter to the US anyway... Gore may have signed the treaty, but Clinton didn't even bother putting it up to the Senate for ratification, as required by the US Constitution, after they voted 95-0 for a resolution [S. Res 98, 105th Congress] stating, basically, that the Kyoto Treaty in its current state was not acceptable unless it also addressed developing countries, and would be voted down if it made it to a formal Senate vote) deserves nothing but pissing on, in that it doesn't do a damn thing about the countries becoming or on their way to becoming the biggest sources of pollution on the planet, like China and assorted 3rd-world countries, while imposing massive economic hits on the countries that produce a lot of the world's goods for the sake of a theory that is more political than scientific, nowadays (even moreso than it was in 1992).

Whats wrong with driving an SUV?

There is still a ton of oil out there so there is no worry for us there...besides

if there is global warming how come in California our pools froze over?

I'm not entirely convinced about global warming but good for you if you're doing something on your own to help

Besides, the less oil we use for our cars, the less money we're sending to the middle east and the more self-sufficient we can be

Or we could tap into Alaska...

Seriously if there is Global Warming all we are doing is delaying it by fifty years or so. Not eradicating it.

Seriously if there is Global Warming all we are doing is delaying it by fifty years or so. Not eradicating it.

"Global Warming" has become a charged term to the point that you can't have a real discussion about it anymore, but small reductions today aren't just delaying contamination later on. A delay is helpful, because in fifty years we'll be in a much better technological position to manage pollution, even with the larger population and more widespread industrialization that will exist at that point.

if there is global warming how come in California our pools froze over?
You obviously have no idea what Global warming is beyond the name 'warming'. Please go watch "An Inconvenient Truth" before you put one of those stickers on your car.
I'm not entirely convinced about global warming but good for you if you're doing something on your own to help

Besides, the less oil we use for our cars, the less money we're sending to the middle east and the more self-sufficient we can be
Know this: anyone who says that Global warming is hotly debated in the scientific community either doesn't know what they're talking about, or works for an oil company. Gore points out that they use the same tactics that the tobacco companies use: create a doubt, no matter how unfounded it is, so that they can always say that there is some disagreement. I also point to this:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070103/ap_on_bi_ge/exxonmobil_global_warming
And even if you refuse to accept Global warming, you can't oppose less oil dependance.
"Global Warming" has become a charged term to the point that you can't have a real discussion about it anymore, but small reductions today aren't just delaying contamination later on. A delay is helpful, because in fifty years we'll be in a much better technological position to manage pollution, even with the larger population and more widespread industrialization that will exist at that point.
Also: Global warming can be reversed. It's difficult, but Terra is the only planet we have so far. Even slowing it down is better than doing nothing.

Why are people so opposed to incentives for driving cleaner cars? Hybrids should and will become the norm if we are to do anything about Global warming. Don't piss on other people because they actually do something about the problem. Fine if you like your muscle car, but don't be an asshole about it.

Are you intentionally being ironic? You're so worried about McGruff being an asshole that you decided you had to dick up his thread?

How could you possibly think that starting some super-generic mutual bitchfest about global warming was a good thing to do in my corner of the internet?

Argument, not debate, Quarto. See Twain's definition of argument for clarification. :p

("Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument is an exchange of ignorance.")

Good stuff, McGruff!

And about the Global Warming(tm)...

What IS the normal temperature for the planet anyway?

Before the Ice Age?

During the Ice Age?

After the Ice Age?

During the Medieval Warming Period?

During the Little Ice Age?

300 years ago?

Last week?

Seems the planet warms and cools all by itself. Makes you wonder why anyone thinks they can do anything about it no matter which direction it's headed.

Earth at times just gets closer and father away from the sun than usual, but then will return...

My thought

BTW you never answered my question about pools freezing over in California

I also remembered that Russia, last year, was colder than ever, and that they gave the monkeys in their zoo vodka to act as an anti-freeze.

It's a conspiracy, Quarto, they don't actually give vodka to freezing monkeys, they just claim that do they can have more vodka for themselves.

Good stuff, McGruff!

And about the Global Warming(tm)...

What IS the normal temperature for the planet anyway?

Before the Ice Age?

During the Ice Age?

After the Ice Age?

During the Medieval Warming Period?

During the Little Ice Age?

300 years ago?

Last week?

Seems the planet warms and cools all by itself. Makes you wonder why anyone thinks they can do anything about it no matter which direction it's headed.

At last! somone with my own strange ideas that maybe the warming is really just a natrual thing the earth does! I do really wonder what the russian monkeys thoughts on this are, can anyone get an interview?

The worry has nothing to do with what is the "normal temperature" for Earth, but rather, what a change in temperatures will do to mankind.

If Earth gets sufficiently warmer in general (and especially at the poles), then polar ice will melt and raise sea level. Higher sea level means that coastal areas will be flooded unless we build massive systems of dikes to protect costal cities--we're talking about spending several trillions of dollars to wall off the US cost alone. The alternative is to spend more trillions to relocate dozens of large costal cities further inland.

The second thing is the effect that a warmer Earth will have on crop production. Sure, now-marginal terrain in Alaska, Canada, Siberia, Scandenavia, etc. will become usable as things warm up, but the aforementioned sea level rise will flood coastal croplands unless we build that dike system. Also, rainfall patterns will shift, creating new deserts in some placees and torrential rains in other places--your cornfield suddenly becomes rice paddy.

The question we must ask, then, is which will cost us more money--doing everything we can to reduce climate change, or building the infrastructure to allow us to adapt to the climate change. As to those people who do not believe that the Earth will get warmer, I can not provide any arguments more compelling than what is already out there.

Back