The 5 Deadliest Pilots

Hehe -- there are a few Kilathi Rapiers in SM2, too...

(Or are they all Kilathi? Shotglass suggests that the Gwenhyvar crew is alive and being 'forced' to betray the Confederation. I'm not sure how he knows that, but it must have been the original plan for the story...)

Facing Kilrathi Rapiers inside a Dralthi with Jazz was a fun thing to do on SM2. Not as hard as we'd antecipate.

When you taunt the enemy Rapiers, they're always Kilrathi pilots. The game seemed to imply that humans were being forced to still run the ship in some respect, though.

When you taunt the enemy Rapiers, they're always Kilrathi pilots. The game seemed to imply that humans were being forced to still run the ship in some respect, though.

Maintenance, probably - human fighters would not be designed for ease of access by Kilrathi mechanics. I'm betting they'd need to refit the cockpit or recruit some rather weedy 'Cats for pilots as well.

Maintenance, probably - human fighters would not be designed for ease of access by Kilrathi mechanics. I'm betting they'd need to refit the cockpit or recruit some rather weedy 'Cats for pilots as well.

Yeah, there's always the joke about how the Kat ships have holes in the seats for tails, besides the fact that a kilrathi is a lot larger than a human. The cockpits of terran fighters probably feel pretty cramped to a Kilrathi.

Yeah, there's always the joke about how the Kat ships have holes in the seats for tails, besides the fact that a kilrathi is a lot larger than a human. The cockpits of terran fighters probably feel pretty cramped to a Kilrathi.

Hobbes seemed to be able to fly terran ships without difficultly.

Speaking of Hobbes, he really turns out to be a deadly foe in WC3...

I actually think that either Flint or Cobra deserve a slot on this list - female pilots certainly have the potential to be far deadlier, (if you study even a little bit of female psychology)

They are extremely intuitive, can multitask naturally (able to track several fighters or pursue a target while evading oncoming dangers) etc.

And given that Flint and Cobra were both pretty vengeful chicks, they'd be two of the last people I'd like to tangle with.

I'm having a hard time judging the better pilot, the majority of the WC3 wingmen were pretty vicious. Since Flint tended to have emotions affect her judgement, I think Cobra wins out.

At their prime, my list would probably include (in no particular order)

Iceman (took out an entire squadron of kats just to cover Hawk's ass)
Maniac (charges clusters of fighters w/out a single scratch, lack of fear could be his deadliest attribute)
Maverick (countless displays of insane flying prowess)
Cobra (Has a vital and intimate knowledge of the Kilrathi, and she "won't rest til' the last cat's history.")

Kind of hard to rate I guess... I don't have a fifth haha.

I actually think that either Flint or Cobra deserve a slot on this list - female pilots certainly have the potential to be far deadlier, (if you study even a little bit of female psychology)

They are extremely intuitive, can multitask naturally (able to track several fighters or pursue a target while evading oncoming dangers) etc.

Females are better pilots as they can handle higher G-forces than men:D

Females are better pilots as they can handle higher G-forces than men:D

Moot when you have artificial gravity (or 'acceleration compensators', heh)

As for Hobbes, I imagine the Confed fighters that he was qualified for have roomy enough cockpits that a custom seat for him would fit without *too* much trouble.

Not necessarily. The compensators aren't instantaneous, as Bear notes in End Run (and possibly elsewhere), especially not with sudden acceleration changes like carrier launches.

hmmm, in that case, it depends on the efficiency of the system. Given that in WC, fighters accelerate from standing to hundreds of km/s, it's interesting that a difference in a couple G's would still exist at the limit. I imagine they may allow some sense of movement to give the pilot more sensory input, (like the system that supposedly fills in the 'sound' that no one should hear when fighting in a vacuum).

As for Hobbes, I imagine the Confed fighters that he was qualified for have roomy enough cockpits that a custom seat for him would fit without *too* much trouble.

Yeah, I don't recall ever seeing Hobbes in a Ferret

And as for Blair and Maniac at 11th and 14th place int the list...
Who are those from 1st to 10th top aces?
It there any info about it? Or is it just mentioned somewhere in official info without details given?

IIRC Carl LaFong is the top scoring ace of the war.

As for the rest I don't think that we know who they are.

From earlier in the thread: "Blair and Maj. Todd 'Maniac' Marshall are the only aces in the war's top 40 to enlist after Custer's Carnival, making Blair and Marshall far and away the top aces of their generation."

That's basically all we know - we don't know anything about who they are. Carl LaFong (who enlisted after Custer's Carnival) simply bills himself as 'the Kilrathi War's Greatest Ace' in his autobiography - he's not the top scoring pilot.

Hmm... my top 5 pilots would be:

1) Stiletto
2) Flint
3) Angel
4) Panther
5) Spirit

Gotta get your priorities right. :cool:

Back