Team CIC Returns to Wing Commander's Birth Place (October 6, 2012)

AD

Finder of things, Doer of stuff
With only 4 days left until the reveal, the Roberts Space Industries site encapsulates the events of 2872 in the latest fiction teaser. Meanwhile,
LOAF, Chris, ace, and Blonde have arrived at Wing Commander's place of origin! Already they've hunted for Wing Commander books at Half Price Books, had a bite to eat, and stopped for ice cream at the world famous Amy's Ice Cream and the adventure is just beginning as there's an exciting week of events ahead.

The current plans include a trip to the University of Texas to see some of the collected Origin material. They will also be donating various tapes and other material to the collection. Along with meeting ex-Originites throughout the week, they will be attending the RSI event on Wednesday, doing various touristy activities, and visiting the old Origin building after which they will return home on Saturday!

--
Original update published on October 6, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes I wish I lived in the states, it would be awesome to do stuff like this.

Yeah, there were a few others of us who wanted to go, but one thing or another prevented it. I really wanted to be there for the big reveal.

Heh, the Amy's at the Arboretum? Really?

Anyway, I live in ATX these days, so lemme know what y'all are up to. Would love to meet up for lunch or something.

That was the Amys on Guadalupe. They haven't been up to the Arboretum yet!

You should absolutely come meet us, though! At the very least, attend Chris Roberts' big presentation Wednsday morning. It'll be worth coming to work a little late for. :) (We'll be at UT all day tomorrow if you want to stop by, accessing Wing Commander papers at the Briscoe Center for American History.)

Back